Would you consider coming to Hawaii for a Guiness World Record Ukulele Ensemble

• yes

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • now

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters

Dino

Reaction score
Check out this article. I had the paper one, but found this on-line version.
Wouldn't it be awesome for Ukulele Underground to run this feat.....c'mon.....I think we could blow away 938 ukulele strummers. We could rent the Waikiki shell, fill that place and be in the record books.....thoughts anyone???? Given a lot of UU members are on the mainland, but if we plan way in advance, the possibilty to save-up for a trip here would be awesome and make one great big MEET-UP!

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/20090217_Conventioneers_strum_for_ukulele_fame.html

We could have ukulele vendors, have special appearances by ukulele musicians, food booths......

Last edited:
I dunno, you know how it would take me to save enough money to go ALL THE WAY to Hawai'i? :confused::eek::cool:

I voted for NOW! Warming up the ol' strumming hand already...

i can be there... virtually.

LOL.. just noticed, the options are yes and noW. Niice.

dohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

They don't get a choice. Intentional typo!

And I will gladly pay the dollar to get to town.

Where da "Heck yes, if I wasn't submerged in abject poverty" option at?

Wouldn't there be a better chance of success if your attempt at the record were held on the mainland at a large ukulele festival?

That way you are already guaranteed a large turnout of uke players, the vendors and such are already in place, etc. More folks would attend who can't afford a trip to Hawaii (as much as we'd all love it!).

Advertize the attempt in conjuction with the festival ahead of time, and go for it! That way I could plan to be there! :D

I dunno, you know how it would take me to save enough money to go ALL THE WAY to Hawai'i?

Well it is cheaper if we all just travel one way! :D

Then you end up with 1,000 busking Uke'rs trying to eek out a living at the beach.

Dang, limit of 4 images per post. I was going to put 1,000 of these :music:

I say we do it two summers from now in the middle of the summer. cuz at the beginning of that summer I am going to be in Africa on a church mission trip, spreadin the love and yes, I am bringing my uke with me!!!!

Maybe a group discount! It would be great if some airlines/ hotels could set up a special deal for us!

–Lori
Great idea. This is a great way for airlines and hotels to get hundeds of people travelling to Hawaii. Have a word, it can't hurt.

I would love to come and be part of it, but I see two problems for me. For one I could never afford the trip. Secondly, if I did get there I wouldn't come back.
OK, one problem. :)

Great idea. This is a great way for airlines and hotels to get hundeds of people travelling to Hawaii. Have a word, it can't hurt.

I would love to come and be part of it, but I see two problems for me. For one I could never afford the trip. Secondly, if I did get there I wouldn't come back.
OK, one problem. :)

lol same here. Im probubly going to end up moving to hawaii anyway. Ive never even been there lol!! I just hear its a peaceful place so im there.

but yeah i would rather have it in california cuz i couldnt afford to go to hawaii.

Top Bottom