In California between 20th and 26th September

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I'm travelling courtesy of the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust for 7 weeks visiting fellow ukulele makers and peer craftsmen. Anyone want to meet up to look at the bling uke I am bringing with me - chance to evaluate first hand one of my instruments? :)

Just get in contact/alert me of ukulele club meets - I'd be more than happy to talk to small groups about my work and my research project.

I am in Hawaii for 2 weeks and Oregon - based near Pistol River. Just drop me an email of you want to meet and I'll see if my wife and I can make it happen.

Last edited:
Pete:
California is a big state and there are two major regions. Up in the north Sacramento-San Francisco region covers a lot of territory and down south LA-San Diego covers most of the rest of the population, but they are 400 miles apart!

If you are going to be in the Sacramento Area contact the Strum Shop. They have a lot of events and a lot of Ukulele players who might be interested in your research project.

I know this - I have an itinerary which involves flights the length of CA. My brother lives and works in San Diego, I am visiting Petaluma and Santa Cruz... If you want to meet with me, give me your location and if I am in the area I will get in touch. What could be simpler?

Top Bottom