Gave in to the Dark Side...

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Today I gave in to the dark side of the UAS Force and bought a new soprano Koa Pili Koko ukulele with case.
!BQN9V9g!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlul7eBJ3p5gBUiQ~~_1.JPG

5cd7_1.JPG

I have been tempted by, and given into the dark side 2 times in 3 weeks.
If I'm not careful I may turn into a Master Vadar! :eek:
darkhelmet.jpg

Someone help me before it's too late!

Great, you are showing us tightfisted money savers how it is to be done!

It would be great if you do a brief review of the instrument for the review section at UU. It is such a great resource, but dust has been accumulating lately...

We all should quit enabling each other on UAS by giving in to UAS so often. :p

Oh who the hell am I kidding...congrats on the new uke!

Now you just need some tenors and baritones and super concerts, etc, etc, etc...;)

We all should quit enabling each other on UAS by giving in to UAS so often. :p

Oh who the hell am I kidding...congrats on the new uke!

Now you just need some tenors and baritones and super concerts, etc, etc, etc...;)

This coming from the king of UAS lol.

I have been checking your site out for awhile now and find it very useful as per purchases and such.

Thanks for all of your YouTube posts and what you do on your site! :shaka:

There is no dark side to UAS, unless it really gets in the way of your other priorities in life. For example, wanting to buy a used tenor Surf Fluke on FMM for a great price, but knowing it'll dig into my savings for taking the girl to NY Uke Fest next month. (Option #3, saving money for something not uke-related, is not a real option)

The KPK is gorgeous. :O If you wanted solid koa that looked that good, it would be a fortune.

Last edited:
There is no dark side to UAS, unless it really gets in the way of your other priorities in life. For example, wanting to buy a used tenor Surf Fluke on FMM for a great price, but knowing it'll dig into my savings for taking the girl to NY Uke Fest next month. (Option #3, saving money for something not uke-related, is not a real option)

The KPK is gorgeous. :O If you wanted solid koa that looked that good, it would be a fortune.

That's just it though. Sometimes a nice influx of cash comes in and that ukulele monster starts whispering in your ear. You find a gorgeous and expensive instrument and the Uke Monster says, "hey you've got enough for that uke and a trip to Taco Bell"...but then the rational voice says..."That money will be needed one day down the road when your cell phone provider is calling to cut off your service and youre burning the furniture to provide heat in the house."

That's when you shoot the rational voice with a rocket launcher and buy that 1776 Benjamin Franklin made ukulele complete with skeleton key electric amplification. Of course, you would have to have previously purchased a rocket launcher which probably means you have more pressing problems to deal with.

I'm just sayin. :p

I can help you...Give me all of your ukuleles except one. I will hide the rest in the Desert. That way you will learn to love just that one uke and all of the rest will be obsolete from your uking needs. If you decide you cant make it without them i understand but the only way you will be able to find it is if you Comb the Desert.

"We aint found shiiiit"

Nice KPK man! What do you think of the wood nut? I think that would bug me. But there's no denying that they look and sound amazing. I love Ryan's video about his.

I think I'll leave the nut alone for awhile (sacred territory) but I already have a bone saddle for a guitar that I'm gonna cut down to size to replace the existing rosewood saddle. ;)

Top Bottom