NDTitanlady's ukulele

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D
As soon as I got home I watched NDTitanady's video about my package, I got an IM from Fred asking me for an ukulele hahahaha.

So right off the bat I have to state...
THAT UKE WAS NOT FOR FREE

Now that's cleared up... here's the story :3

When I first checked out Natalie's (NDTitanlady) videos; I was quickly distracted by her style of clothing. The whole "Drop beats not bombs" was hillarious and awesome. She was also wearing a Beirut shirt on one of her videos. Upon talking with Natalie, I found out that she made those shirts. SKILLS. I wanted one made... but didn't quite know how to ask hahaha. I'm a sucker for awesome apparel. I'm the type of guy who actually spends the extra for a good pair of jeans hahaha. Yay for Diesel.

I got into a conversation about ukulele's with Natalie. She mentions that the uke that she used for her videos didn't belong to her. She was borrowing it from a friend of hers Dustin who's also a member here at the forum (tsud123)

I offered her a deal. I offered her an ukulele for her skills.

I would get her an ukulele in change for her making me as much shirts as it's worth. I knew that I could get a good deal on an ukulele since I knew the dealers here and have a pretty good rep. I picked up a Koa pili koko from the local music store for a good price. A GOOD PRICE. Like.... DAMN GOOD hahahah. Anyway, yeah so I bought it and modded it a bit. I just changed the strings and had the action adjusted to match the strings and the way that she played. I figured she would want the action a little lower than usual so I did just that. I broke it in and played it for a good week before I sent it. She then got to work on shirts that I requested. Katamari, Beck, Jimi Hendrix, etc. She also gave me a Mr. Doughnut like the one that she has on her videos. So basically whenever I have an idea for a new shirt, I'd just let her know.

So before anyone starts hatin and getting the wrong idea... I thought I'd explain :D

Here's the videos that I was talking about:

Me opening the package with the shirts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soGld6QXs-s

Natalie opening her ukulele:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqMGEw9CAYg

Yea haha dang no one should get the wrong idea
simply two merchants trading. lol
Whenever Aldrine needs or wants a new shirt made up, i would whip him up whatever he wanted. No sketch business, i did not get it for free. I work for this uke, its perfect btw. i love it

ive been playing it for like 6 hours straight now, even though im not supposto break in an shipped uke that fast
: ]
couldnt help it

-Natalie

phew, i thought nat was getting the applause uke. hahaha. but still! thats a bad mammajamma (did i really say that?)! seriously want one of those.

ok aldrine. theres got to be something i can do to get me an uke li'dat. i can make custom fishing rods! no? ok. damn. hahaha

how'd u make the shirts nat? did u use fabric paint and made one of those screen prints?

Wow, how did she get all that stuff in that one box? :eek:

why aren't you supposed to play a freshly shipped uke? how long are you supposed to wait?

nice looking uke and shirts though! are they screen printed or what?

dang thats a nice uke! and toffee macadamia nuts are tasty.... mmmm.....

how'd u make the shirts nat? did u use fabric paint and made one of those screen prints?

hey ya!
umm i just use normal ol manila forlders for sturdiness
a razor
a pencil and eraser
and regular ol spraypaint, i dont really like to use fabric paint cause it hella bleeds, nomal spraypaint works just as well!

why aren't you supposed to play a freshly shipped uke? how long are you supposed to wait?

haha cause idk im not pro
but like the string tensions were hella low, and i tuned it regular on the first day and i think i wansnt supposto play it on the first days cause it puts stress on the bridge and it may bust. idk ask aldrine

and nope not screen painted
just stencils... from me cutting out layers and patterns onto a manila folder

I had to slack the strings when I sent it to her. If you don't, the pressure on the flight puts stress on the bridge and it might bust. I normally slack my strings before going on a plane. The cabin pressure is normalized but I still slack them anyway. I would DEFINITELY slack the strings if it's being sent to the mainland, or if you're flying there.

I didn't want her to play it on the first day because I wanted the wood to get used to the climate. I heard so-cal weather is like a girl on pms (ask Natalie on this one) so I didn't know how the ukulele would react. Also, I needed her to tighten the strings afterwards because I slacked them. This is to prevent the strings from sliding off tune. :3

haha cause idk im not pro
but like the string tensions were hella low, and i tuned it regular on the first day and i think i wansnt supposto play it on the first days cause it puts stress on the bridge and it may bust. idk ask aldrine

and nope not screen painted
just stencils... from me cutting out layers and patterns onto a manila folder

I had to slack the strings when I sent it to her. If you don't, the pressure on the flight puts stress on the bridge and it might bust. I normally slack my strings before going on a plane. The cabin pressure is normalized but I still slack them anyway. I would DEFINITELY slack the strings if it's being sent to the mainland, or if you're flying there.

I didn't want her to play it on the first day because I wanted the wood to get used to the climate. I heard so-cal weather is like a girl on pms (ask Natalie on this one) so I didn't know how the ukulele would react. Also, I needed her to tighten the strings afterwards because I slacked them. This is to prevent the strings from sliding off tune. :3

thanks, I was curious about this as I have a uke being shipped in to me...

the shirts are awesome! I am gonna have to give spray paint a shot!

Top Bottom