PDA

View Full Version : favorate song ever

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
i was thinking whats your favourate song,mine is "talk talk" its my life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9_1rqkrgok&feature=related

i love the bass guitar on it
not a uke tune but feel free to add any tune

(after thought a song i love is u can go ur own way ,fleetwood mac)

liquid_wind
04-15-2009, 04:13 PM
It changes a lot, but Don't Stop Believing I always return to. (Listened to it twice today)
One day when I was home sick I made this with movie maker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsbTYPeSH5U

Ahnko Honu
04-15-2009, 04:14 PM
"Amazing Grace" played on bagpipes, gives me chicken-skin (goose-bumps) every time I hear. :shaka:

I wonder if the Ukulele Orchestra of GB has done this song? :D

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
"Amazing Grace" played on bagpipes, gives me chicken-skin (goose-bumps) every time I hear. :shaka:

ahnko amazing grace is a beautiful song brings back lots of feelilings to me cos my grandad used to sing it all the time

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 04:24 PM
ahnko amazing grace is a beautiful song brings back lots of feelilings to me cos my grandad used to sing it all the time
yeah i reinvented the word FEELINGS and i thought it would be better as FEELILINGS (joke my previous bad spelling)

Dominator
04-15-2009, 04:25 PM
For me, an all time favorite song just doesn't exist. There are too many great tunes out there. Same goes for "favorite artist". Too many wonderful musicians to have a single favorite.

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 04:36 PM
For me, an all time favorite song just doesn't exist. There are too many great tunes out there. Same goes for "favorite artist". Too many wonderful musicians to have a single favorite.

yeah but you gotta hava at least a couple of song that make you think this is why i play

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
i listened to it good call liquid good band i like journey

Captain Google
04-15-2009, 04:40 PM

My words echo Dom's.

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 04:42 PM
what about this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GN2kpBoFs4&feature=related

its bad quality

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 04:54 PM

i know what you mean but you can have a go dom u gotta have a song you love
come on dom i know u like blues and jazz
i'm the same if someone asks me my favourite song i think its a stupid question but this isnt a "what you doing with your life type question"
just a question you've asked yourself a million times before but never answered

lacerveza
04-15-2009, 05:00 PM
i know what you mean but you can have a go dom u gotta have a song you love
come on dom i know u like blues and jazz
i'm the same if someone asks me my favourite song i think its a stupid question but this isnt a "what you doing with your life type question"
just a question you've asked yourself a million times before but never answered

i'm sorry that came across real patronising, sorry i've been drinking sorry dom ,sorry everyone

Dominator
04-15-2009, 05:48 PM
i'm sorry that came across real patronising, sorry i've been drinking sorry dom ,sorry everyone

No need to apologize. I'm having a nip or two myself this evening.

Actually your comment "yeah but you gotta hava at least a couple of song that make you think this is why i play " does ring true. If we are talking about ukulele then Jake's version of Weeps definitely got me hooked on wanting to be good at playing ukulele.

If we are talking about playing guitar then it is not necessarily a particular song but the playing styles of Stevie Ray and Gary Moore definatley are contributors to why I continue to play guitar.

RON<>VA
04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
My favorite song? "I'm Yours" sung by deach playing a banjo.

Ukulele JJ
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Does Brahms' Fourth Symphony count as "a song"? :D

JJ

Spooner
04-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Baby Got Back. :p

generem
04-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Wow. I cant even narrow it down to top 20... I love all type of music way too much and there are way too many songs that brings back such great memories.

Link
04-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I love all types of musc.. and feel kinda like dominator. But I can definitely say there are some clear favorites. Blackbird by Alter Bridge(not beatles, not same song), One by Metallica, Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix are some clear all time favs of mine. Probably the top 3, in order.

Kaneohe til the end
04-15-2009, 09:41 PM

couldnt agree more Dom. i would say that today, my favorite would be either "Echo" or "Blood on the Ground", both by Incubus, just because thats what i listened to today.

Ahnko Honu
04-15-2009, 11:06 PM

I said this reply in jest even though I do like the song, a Hawaiian enjoying bagpipes being a tad unlikely though there is some Scottish blood flowing thru this poi-dog's veins. I don't know what an I-pod is barely advancing from 8-track technology but my tastes very enough that I own literally hundreds of CDs Hawaiian, Rock, Jazz, Classical. Favorite song varies from moment to moment. ;)

buddhuu
04-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Too hard, man.

It changes so often and depends on circumstances.

The other night I had a few drinks myself and sought out a couple of favourites on Youtube - Staind's "It's Been A While" and Puddle of Mudd's "Blurry".

But then in that same session I saw Deach's cover of Marley's "Stir It Up" again and thought Yeah, that's my favourite song!. Then at our weekly residence gig we so nailed "Legend of Xanadu", the old Dave Dee 60s song that it was my favourite song for an hour or so.

John Otway's "Poetry and Jazz" is my favourite song.

But then so is Tom Waits' "On the Nickel", and Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone", and Christy Moore/Planxty's "Little Musgrave", and Louis Prima's "Just a Gigolo", and Aerosmith's "Walk This Way", and Mraz's "I'm Yours" (the live in Korea version on Youtube with Toca and his mega drum kit!), and The Clash's "London Calling", and all The Ramones songs...

Every one of those is my favourite song. And so are hundreds more.

I just can't do it... :(

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-16-2009, 12:18 AM
aldrines version off out of my league. but on gat

best song, perfectly play'd :D

deach
04-16-2009, 01:01 AM
Easy pick - I'm Yours.

beeejums
04-16-2009, 01:43 AM
It's hard to pick a favorite song... but there's one song that I'm always in the mood for and it always makes me happy, and that's Green Day's version of "Knowledge."

Anybody else familiar with it? It's a good song. And it makes you want to either get drunk or punch somebody, whichever seems more appropriate at the time... it's almost always one or the other, though.

deach
04-16-2009, 01:45 AM
Anybody else familiar with it? It's a good song. And it makes you want to either get drunk or punch somebody, whichever seems more appropriate at the time... it's almost always one or the other, though.
why not both?

beeejums
04-16-2009, 01:48 AM
why not both?

That may have happened... usually I don't remember anything after getting drunk :D :cheers:

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-16-2009, 02:17 AM
i hate greenday, so if that includes knocking greenday out, then sure. im with u

ukeshale
04-16-2009, 03:23 AM
too hard to pick one for sure but some of my favourites -
for emily - s&g
heightdown - john frusciante
wonderful world - sam cooke
thirty-three - smashing pumpkins

bt93
04-16-2009, 05:20 AM
Easy pick - I'm Yours.

agreed lol

ps...my 100th post:D:D:D:D

wee_ginga_yin
04-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Favourite voices at the moment are

Paul Brady - Nothing But The Same Old Story (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgaIAzWW2zc)

Dick Gaughan - The World Turned Upside Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKmpA_A6RBA)

SailQwest
04-16-2009, 06:48 AM
It would have to be Brown-Eyed Girl.

For years, one of the "rules" Rich and I have had is that if we hear that song, we dance. It's led us to dancing in a variety of unusual places, and helped create lots of great memories. :love:

Noob
04-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Dire Straights: Romeo and Juliet
Beatles: Here Comes the Sun
Bob Dylan: Tangled Up In Blue

ukukulele
04-16-2009, 07:07 AM
english rose - the jam
autumn stone- small faces
i'll see you in my dreams - joe brown on ukulele

lacerveza
04-16-2009, 09:19 AM
Dire Straights: Romeo and Juliet
Beatles: Here Comes the Sun
Bob Dylan: Tangled Up In Blue

good call every1 of them

nikolo727
04-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Wow I had a post here but I deleted it before sent it. i was tired.

Silent Night by Enya makes me cry.
ANYTHING bagpipe.(im very scottish)
anything by Howard Shore(LOTR composer)
SOTRB/WAWW of course.
anything by jake shimabukuro
anything by iz
anything by aldrine
anything ukulele
anyth.......pretty much all music lol.

I will admit I do hold a special place in my heart for dragonforce and heavy metal in general too. lol

khrome
04-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Mine changes all the time. Right now, it's Beautiful by Ferry Corsten. You can listen to it on his myspace player. Make sure you have headphones or good speakers otherwise you're not going to get the full range of sounds.

http://www.myspace.com/ferrycorsten