Consider selling:Luis Feu de Mequita (LFDM) Custom Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolcow

Reaction score
Up For Sale: LFDM Custom Tenor - Alaskan Yello Cedar/Milo

I have owned and tried many custom ukes like Moore Bettah, Jay Litchy, Devine, Steve Grimes and Kinnard ukes etc. I can say LFDM is one of my favourite. I'm selling this one it's because I have two cedar top LFDM ukes and I've just ordered a Spruce top tenor and a Baritone from Luis. So I need to make space for my new ones.

This one is a looker...the custom Marquetry rosette and purflings.... unique headstock and bridge. (Luis said he might not do another headstock and bridge like this one again)...also a custom strip on the neck. This is truly a one of a kind LFDM uke. Just by writing the contents now already made me struggling if I should sell this one!!!!!!!!!!ARGH!!!

Here's the specs:
- Alaskan Yellow Cedar Top
- Milo Back and Sides
- Spanish Cedar Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- Ebony Bridge
- Milo Bindings
- Grover Tuners
- Oval Rosette
- Marquetry purflings and rosette
- Radius Fretboard (16")
- Side soundport
- Laskin type armrest
- Color purflings on sides and on headstock
- Back Strip on the back

For the tone please hear the sound sample, it doesn't disappoint.

IMG_7113.jpgIMG_7115.jpgIMG_7117.JPGIMG_7118.jpgIMG_7120.JPG

Thanks for looking, Jenny

Last edited:
Wow, that has a lovely sound all the way up the neck. You must have some amazing ukes if you are letting this one go. Good luck.

Thanks for asking a fair price - you have saved me from my UAS! :iwant:

Thanks for asking a fair price - you have saved me from my UAS! :iwant:
Yup did it on purpose...just consider of selling...to me this uke's value is more than that
Most of the time sold price is different than the asking price isn't it?

I bought my Collings UC3 from @coolcow and can strongly say, "buy with confidence."

Good luck with the sale, Jen!

I have a LfDM in the making at the moment.
I have not even received my LfDM and I already know only death will do us apart.
Whoever jump at this opportunity would not be disappointed ! This is truly a golden opportunity and yes Luis probably won't make another headstock like this one again!

Last edited:
Jen, that's an amazing ukulele! I can understand why you would struggle with the decision to sell it. I wish I could buy it. I will let you know if I win the lottery. :)

Good luck with your sale! I'm sure the LFDMs you are waiting for will be wonderful, too. (I can't wait to see a sound sample of the baritone one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom