PDA

View Full Version : Consider selling:Luis Feu de Mequita (LFDM) Custom Tenor

coolcow
08-08-2016, 02:33 AM
Up For Sale: LFDM Custom Tenor - Alaskan Yello Cedar/Milo

I have owned and tried many custom ukes like Moore Bettah, Jay Litchy, Devine, Steve Grimes and Kinnard ukes etc. I can say LFDM is one of my favourite. I'm selling this one it's because I have two cedar top LFDM ukes and I've just ordered a Spruce top tenor and a Baritone from Luis. So I need to make space for my new ones.

This one is a looker...the custom Marquetry rosette and purflings.... unique headstock and bridge. (Luis said he might not do another headstock and bridge like this one again)...also a custom strip on the neck. This is truly a one of a kind LFDM uke. Just by writing the contents now already made me struggling if I should sell this one!!!!!!!!!!ARGH!!!

Here's the specs:
- Alaskan Yellow Cedar Top
- Milo Back and Sides
- Spanish Cedar Neck
- Ebony Fretboard
- Ebony Bridge
- Milo Bindings
- Grover Tuners
- Oval Rosette
- Marquetry purflings and rosette
- Radius Fretboard (16")
- Side soundport
- Laskin type armrest
- Color purflings on sides and on headstock
- Back Strip on the back

For the tone please hear the sound sample, it doesn't disappoint.

https://youtu.be/3SHJBpldGgY

Thanks for looking, Jenny

2xbass
08-08-2016, 03:12 AM
I think you might want to mention the condition.

coolcow
08-08-2016, 03:49 AM
I think you might want to mention the condition.

Oh right......It's in Mint condition :)

johnson430
08-08-2016, 05:15 AM
Wow, that has a lovely sound all the way up the neck. You must have some amazing ukes if you are letting this one go. Good luck.

greenie44
08-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Thanks for asking a fair price - you have saved me from my UAS! :iwant:

coolcow
08-08-2016, 05:27 AM
Thanks for asking a fair price - you have saved me from my UAS! :iwant:
Yup did it on purpose...just consider of selling...to me this uke's value is more than that
Most of the time sold price is different than the asking price isn't it?

Ukulele Eddie
08-08-2016, 05:33 AM
I bought my Collings UC3 from @coolcow and can strongly say, "buy with confidence."

Good luck with the sale, Jen!

SoloRule
08-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I have a LfDM in the making at the moment.
I have not even received my LfDM and I already know only death will do us apart.
Whoever jump at this opportunity would not be disappointed ! This is truly a golden opportunity and yes Luis probably won't make another headstock like this one again!

coolcow
08-08-2016, 05:10 PM
I bought my Collings UC3 from @coolcow and can strongly say, "buy with confidence."

Good luck with the sale, Jen!

Thanks Eddie :)

mds725
08-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Jen, that's an amazing ukulele! I can understand why you would struggle with the decision to sell it. I wish I could buy it. I will let you know if I win the lottery. :)

Good luck with your sale! I'm sure the LFDMs you are waiting for will be wonderful, too. (I can't wait to see a sound sample of the baritone one!)