D'addario's

liquid_wind

Reaction score
What's the deal with Por Arte's, what about the other varieties. Are they not as mellow as The pro's that most people want from D'addario?

The regular D'Addario strings (not Pro Arté) are decent enough; probably about on par with Martin strings. Not loud like Aquilas, mellow like Worths, or super-smooth and clean like the Pro Artés, so I guess they just don't have any really distinguishing features.

The Pro Arté strings are actually just classical guitar strings. Two E strings (on a smaller-scale instrument like a uke, they're tuned way up and serve as the G and A strings), a B (as the uke's E string), and a G (as the uke's C string). Much thicker than most other strings on the market. They have a jazzy, smooth sound, and they're growing in popularity in these parts because Jake and Aldrine use them.

Hope this helps. :3

The regular D'Addario strings (not Pro Arté) are decent enough; probably about on par with Martin strings. Not loud like Aquilas, mellow like Worths, or super-smooth and clean like the Pro Artés, so I guess they just don't have any really distinguishing features.

The Pro Arté strings are actually just classical guitar strings. Two E strings (on a smaller-scale instrument like a uke, they're tuned way up and serve as the G and A strings), a B (as the uke's E string), and a G (as the uke's C string). Much thicker than most other strings on the market. They have a jazzy, smooth sound, and they're growing in popularity in these parts because Jake and Aldrine use them.

Hope this helps. :3

Is this the same across all brands of classical guitar strings?

I really like them... They especially sound clean when you get really high up the fretboard... I haven't tried EVERYTHING yet, but in my opinion they're some of the easier strings to play up there because it's easier to get a nice sound out of them.

They are my string of choice. I have tried Aquilas (a little too bright), Worth browns (dead sounding), Worth clears (a little mellow for me), Ko'olau Gold (they snapped before I even finished tuning them), Guadalupe (I didn't like the wound feel), Hilos and Fremont flourocarbons (I found them too thin for my preferred feel). So I constantly switch out my strings, only to keep coming back to the D'addario J71 Pro Artes. I have Aquilas on now (I'm giving them another chance since that is what my uke manufacturer puts on the uke - I figure it has to be for a reason). But I find myself looking longingly at the package of the D'addarios and it is only a matter of time before I put them back on again and just keep them on for good.

Please note, I know different strings are for different folks. I'm sure a ton of people will totally disagree with my opinions on the above strings, but for ME, D'addarios are the best.

They are my string of choice. I have tried Aquilas (a little too bright), Worth browns (dead sounding), Worth clears (a little mellow for me), Ko'olau Gold (they snapped before I even finished tuning them), Guadalupe (I didn't like the wound feel), Hilos and Fremont flourocarbons (I found them too thin for my preferred feel). So I constantly switch out my strings, only to keep coming back to the D'addario J71 Pro Artes. I have Aquilas on now (I'm giving them another chance since that is what my uke manufacturer puts on the uke - I figure it has to be for a reason). But I find myself looking longingly at the package of the D'addarios and it is only a matter of time before I put them back on again and just keep them on for good.

Please note, I know different strings are for different folks. I'm sure a ton of people will totally disagree with my opinions on the above strings, but for ME, D'addarios are the best.
Yeah, you should watch out when you give a personal opinion.
I once said in a post that personally I am not a big fan of Bushman ukuleles and I like the sound of other brands in their price range over theirs. But everybody has a different taste... Cost me a reputation point :(
(had only just figured out what those are)
Anyway, sorry for the off-topic answer. I also really like the pro-artes, but can only compare them with GHS strings, which doesn't mean I'm dissing GHS
(I gotta be careful not to upset anyone :))

Top Bottom