Ukes on Air Canada

2xbass

Reaction score
Has anyone been forced to check their uke on Air Canada? I travelled a month ago and brought a uke and had no problem but had luxury of travelling business class (thanks to points) and being amongst the first to board. Also, I was really gigging with my double bass then and had only brought my uke (a Pono tenor electric) as a backup anyway so if I had really been forced to check it I wouldn't have been too worried.

I'm travelling next week and will be flying coach this time and will likely be one of the last to board. Although I'm travelling primarily with my bass again I'm also attending a uke workshop on the same trip and would really like to bring a nice uke with me.

The policy says you can bring it on if there is room on board. I've been on some flights where they make people check carry-ons because of limited space.

I have not yet ever had a problem traveling with a single uke, including Air Canada.

If you check the Air Canada information you'll find that, if traveling with a musical instrument, you have the ability to board prior to the general boarding call. This is between Zones 2 and 3. This makes it a little easier to find a open spot in the overhead compartments. I've joked with my wife that we should start using ukulele cases as carry-on luggage all of the time. You can probably fit a lot of socks and underwear in a case if you leave the uke at home.

https://www.aircanada.com/en/travelinfo/airport/baggage/music_inst.html

Never had a problem with Air Canada (or any other airline). Once in awhile someone will ask about the case contents............but that's it.

Those people who steal from the luggage carousel would certainly get a shock whenever they got home and found no ukulele.
"Hey gang today we all get a change of underwear, Joe you change with Maria and she can change with Hank."

My son just flew Vancouver to Montreal - no problem with a soprano Kala in a uke bag as a carry on.

Never had a problem with soprano or concert size.

Top Bottom