Looking for a fitting hardshell case for my Super Concert Uke

Ukador

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am looking for a hardshell case for my Super Concert Ukulele.

I already did some research on the internet but everything I've found so far doesn't have the right measurements to hold my Uke in place nicely.

So the thing is that I am about to buy a fusion bag or a reunion blues bag as I am starting to think that this is the best alternative at the moment (besides buying an expensive custom made case)

Before I hit the "Buy now" button I would like to ask you if anyone of you knows a hardshell case that has the right measurements for my Uke.

Attached you can find a picture of my Uke with all important measurements.

Super_Concert_Measurement.jpg

Last edited:
Sadly the way that your photo is embedded it is near impossible to read the micro-sized text.

If you can delete the current photo and then re-attach, but when you do so, be sure to UNCHECK the box for

"Retrieve remote file and reference locally"

as this will then include the photo in your post at full size, for when you have such a thumbnail, and then click it to enlarge, it does not show full size, only about 800 pixels tall, and that is it.

The caveat to having the option for UNCHECKING "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" is that you have to first upload your photo to somewhere online like imgur, flickr, or photobucket, and then LINK to the photo, which then gets embedded here in the forum full size, ONLY via this method.

I suspect that this is also why you have no replies yet, as folks cant read the text, but lack the technical understanding or time to explain this for you.

I have also found cases to be a problem, and if the uke is smaller than the case, I just add foam which I cut to fit, or otherwise use polyester pillow filling (white fluffy stuff) and pad the inside of the case with that so that the uke does not bounce around inside.

OTOH, I once tried to carve out an extra inch into the foam, on each side of the lower bout of a Uke Crazy type case and then replaced the felt and glued it down with hot glue to fit a uke that was about 11.5" wide (a baritone) in the lower bout, but found that since then the hard Styrofoam in those areas was too flexible to really provide any real protection afterward. I had to then cut 3" wide x 12" long lengths of plastic to insert between the foam and canvas outer cover to try and rebuild the structural integrity of the case.

I still do not trust it.

Moral of the story: get a bigger case and fill the space with additional padding, rather than a smaller case and carve out material to fit (and thus compromise the protection).

Thank you for your reply - I've just uploaded the picture to my webspace

www.musikleidenschaft.de/Super_Concert_Measurement.jpg

Yes, that works too, but what I was referring to was as if you do this:

[*IMG]http://link.to.yourphoto[/IMG*]

and remove the * so it is just and with the slash, you get this:

[IMG]http://www.musikleidenschaft.de/Super_Concert_Measurement.jpg

which presents the photo as large as possible, within your message.

You can see this 'code' called BBCODE by clicking the little
LEFT_MOST button that looks like [SUP]A[/SUP]/A

and it will highlight when code view is active and you click it again to go back to the web preview mode....

But, anyway, NOW I can see your units, however, you might want to also consider the width of the tuners at the headstock, since I have found cases that would have been a perfect fit, but then the tuners were too wide and/or squeezed by the headstock area of the case.

and also consider the depth at least from the top to the back (or some may say the 'height' of the sides) as some cases will be deeper and when you set the uke inside, the neck does not lie flat, with the headstock ending up at an angle, almost above the level of the bottom of the case.

There are two ways to fix this problem - either you build up the padding under the body, or cut down the neck support, usually be removing it, and then cutting the BOTTOM and then re-installing it. I've done both to customize generic case(s) for a near-perfect fit.

If the neck does not lay flat in the case, there will be undue stress on it and it could snap, so you want to be sure that the depth of the body area is close to the depth of your uke's body, or the body + the saddle/bridge height.

Your ukulele is the same size as a Kamaka Ohta-San, which Kamaka has a very sturdy case for.

I agree take measurements like booli suggests and call you dealer, whether it's HMS, Mim, Uke Republic etc.
And inquire. I have a couple super concerts, one is in the foam canvas and the other is in a koolau case
Both my William king super concert and maui music super concerts fits snug and perfect in my concert crossrock case

Look at violin cases. On some of them, the interior is made of polystyrene which can be easily carved to size to allow for the waist of the uke body. I use a modified viola case for my DVI. There is a much bigger range of useful violin cases than ukulele cases.

In the USA, Violin-type cases seem to be MORE expensive than Uke cases, and also I've seen over 100 different brands of uke cases, from maybe 50 different vendors from the USA with online stores, and countless different models of uke cases from each brand.

Maybe in Perth they are hard to come by, but in USA you can almost throw a stone and hit a case vendor.

I know that the RISA official web store which ALSO sells like 40 other uke brands, is in Germany, they are http://www.ukulele.de and they might have stock or point you to a place to buy a case that fits...

Also, Since the OP is in Germany, maybe get in touch with fellow UU members Mivo (also in Germany), or CML in Sweden for ideas about EU vendors.

If you can access vendors from the UK, I know of Omega Music, Southern Ukulele Store, and Really Useful Music Company, and have heard good things about them too.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Hello everybody,

I am looking for a hardshell case for my Super Concert Ukulele.

I already did some research on the internet but everything I've found so far doesn't have the right measurements to hold my Uke in place nicely.

So the thing is that I am about to buy a fusion bag or a reunion blues bag as I am starting to think that this is the best alternative at the moment (besides buying an expensive custom made case)

Before I hit the "Buy now" button I would like to ask you if anyone of you knows a hardshell case that has the right measurements for my Uke.

Attached you can find a picture of my Uke with all important measurements.

View attachment 93300
My super concert WK, are length 25 5/16", top bout is 5 5/8", bottom bout 7 5/8", thickness is important too 2 3/8"
I'm sure you can call the vendors as well in europe and inquire the inside dementions.. remember "inside Dementions" :)
Good Luck and Happy Hunting :)

Thanks for all the answers so far. I will hand in the depth as soon as I am home from work :)

I already contacted a few dealers but I haven't received answers so far. I hope that Crossrock Cases can offer someting to me but I fear that they charge too much for a custom production as their standard products do not really fit.

Yes depth, just in case someone tries to ship you a slim line case. Ha ha you never know or they :)

That is why I like to use vendors that have a liberal and free return policy...

IIRC Amazon, Sweetwater, B & H PhotoVideo and Musician's Friend have 45 day return window, and they all pay return shipping unless you made an error and ordered the wrong, item, but anything defective/not-as-described/etc there is not cost to return and they will even schedule UPS or Fedex to pickup from your house.

I think you might have to go the padding out route. The instrument that you show is somewhat unusual in it's body shape, so to get an off the shelf case that is more like a custom fit is unlikely.
Hiscox, the guitar case people, used to supply small padded cushions with their guitar cases. They were ideal if the instrument was a little too small for their standard cases. Something similar might be the cheap solution.

Super_Concert_Measurement_Side.jpg

The owner of the SouthernUkuleleStore recommended the Ohana UCH-24L Super Concert Case but unfortunately it is sold out everywhere ( MIMs Ukes and SOuthernUkuleleStore )

Top Bottom