Okay gang, a rosewood soprano for 43.00

mm stan

Mystery Man
UU VIP
Reaction score
Stan, How do you find this stuff?..................it almost looks too good to be true!

Aloha Steve.. Ha ha I posted in FB UU and one guy posted he bought two ukes from the company, and they played well and were comfortable. not the same ones though
Im too scared to buy one LOL , but I would like to see someone get one first.. after all its only 43.00 and free shipping :)
hint hint hint :)

If only it was AZ Dream Ukulele! :shaka:

Are they focused toward the UK, or do they just not know how to spell Uke? ;)

I bought one that was branded "Rubin" on ebay once. Everything about it said "$39 bucks." Thick wood, sharp edges, rough frets, high action, etc. It needed a full set-up and then it was comparable to a Makala. (I think a Makala soprano or pineapple is a nicer instrument for less than $50.) The autumn leaves looked like someone stamped the top wing of a $1 balsawood airplane, colored it, drilled some holes through and glued it to the top of the soundboard.

After the set-up I gave it to someone who was just starting out. He thought it looked cool.

I think I might have liked it as my first uke. But I'm spoiled now. :)

Here's another one from the same company on ebay...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Item-3381-Left-Handed-Rubin-RS-400L-Mahogany-Soprano-Ac-Elec-Ukulele-/262545840121?hash=item3d20f397f9:g:qssAAOSwTZ1XlyiN

Last edited:
Aloha Steve.. Ha ha I posted in FB UU and one guy posted he bought two ukes from the company, and they played well and were comfortable. not the same ones though
Im too scared to buy one LOL , but I would like to see someone get one first.. after all its only 43.00 and free shipping :)
hint hint hint :)
As someone once said, ".........I've got blisters on me fingers!" LOL

was going to post that the sound hole pattern, etc looked suspiciously similar to some of the rubin ukulele offerings.

Tell you what, Stan. I'll get one of the concerts and give you a review. Does that count?

Definitely laminate, I'd say. The writing on the top looks to have been cut through the top layer of laminate. I suspect the top layer has been cut off to insert the inlay round the sound holes. From the pictures, it does look to be quite nicely finished but I've had my fingers burnt too often to be tempted.

The link on the OP automatically changed the currency to GBP, interestingly and the price was given as £33.75 + £5.55 shipping by air freight to the UK so a total of just under £40 but then we could get VAT added by customs.

These Ukes make great wall hangings and gifts if they aren't great quality when they arrive ... oh, and fun conversation pieces.

Well, Stan, here's a pre-review review. I ordered the instrument on August 10. Here it is, August 20th, and I've yet to receive any response. No order confirmation or anything. Being a patient fellow, I'll give them a few weeks. If I haven't heard from them by October 1, I'll be sure my credit card reimburses me.

Well, Stan, here's a pre-review review. I ordered the instrument on August 10. Here it is, August 20th, and I've yet to receive any response. No order confirmation or anything. Being a patient fellow, I'll give them a few weeks. If I haven't heard from them by October 1, I'll be sure my credit card reimburses me.

Aloha SPG, I hope you paid with Pay Pal ....yes I'm sure you gotta be patient with overseas and customs... let me know when it arrives.. BTW How much was the total?

I wouldn't worry… I ordered a Caramel Sopranino, which came from China. It arrived exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it — two weeks *earlier* than the estimate provided with my order confirmation.

Top Bottom