Cursley tenor ukulele

Yanina

Reaction score
20160809_082321.jpg

hand made tenor ukulele. English Yew back and sides, Spruce top, professional custom air brush top.
Open head stock with Grover machine heads.
Fantastic sound and beautiful unique finish.
I have owned this uku for 2 years I bought it from a professional musician....I am only selling it due to a wrist injury.
There has been a professional repair carried out on the side.....cant upload the pic ...maybe limited to 5 here? please see thread for pic or can email
I have loads more pics...just having a problem uploading them but if you are interested I will happily email them to you.
Price £295.0020160806_125955.jpg20160806_130151.jpg20160806_130022.jpg20160806_130038.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that's certainly a unique, Steam-punk themed, ukulele. I'm sure there must be a collector somewhere who's quest for the different will be fulfilled by bringing this armored-body instrument into their "museum space". God luck with your sale. BTW is the price in US dollars or British sterling?

Well, that's certainly a unique, Steam-punk themed, ukulele. I'm sure there must be a collector somewhere who's quest for the different will be fulfilled by bringing this armored-body instrument into their "museum space". God luck with your sale. BTW is the price in US dollars or British sterling?

Hi there yes its a talking point! the price is in £

Sadly broken wrist is preventing play at the moment.....will get a friend to do something at the weekend

I think I played that uke soon after it was built, but then it had a yew top. Do you know if Darryl Cursley did the top and metal work himself, or if that was added later? Either way, it looks the business for a gigging musician who wants that look.

I'll point Darryl to this thread in case he can add any information.

I think I played that uke soon after it was built, but then it had a yew top. Do you know if Darryl Cursley did the top and metal work himself, or if that was added later? Either way, it looks the business for a gigging musician who wants that look.

I'll point Darryl to this thread in case he can add any information.

Hi there....its good to hear from someone who knows the uku....any additional info would be great.
There is no metal work....just a fantastic 3D airbrush image...all over the top including the wood grain, metal images and Coke can.
The top is the original, I thought Spruce but someone did mention Cedar....almost definitely not Yew. Maybe Darryl Cursley can settle it?

A bit of digging and I believe this is this uke:

http://cursleyukuleles.blogspot.co.uk/2011/08/for-sale.html

The current paint job is obviously an after purchase addition but the yew back matches perfectly with the one for sale above. Spruce top is correct.

Yanina, I see on the Gumtree posting for this you mention a repaired crack on the side but it's not mentioned here. Could you post a picture of it please? Thanks!

I checked with Darryl - spruce top is original. The art work is pretty good as I thought that was metal!

Top Bottom