Ribbee's World Ukulele Championship online

Looks like fun, gonna check it out when I have my other laptop!

Ribbee (Asada) is pretty much solely responsible for introducing the ukulele to Thailand.

This sounds a bit like "Al Gore invented the Internet, and Obama founded ISIS." I've met Asada, been to one of his festivals, shopped at his store, and attended a Kyas workshop he sponsored. He's been awesome for the ukulele! But a lot of people have been responsible for introducing the ukulele to Thailand.

This sounds a bit like "Al Gore invented the Internet, and Obama founded ISIS." I've met Asada, been to one of his festivals, shopped at his store, and attended a Kyas workshop he sponsored. He's been awesome for the ukulele! But a lot of people have been responsible for introducing the ukulele to Thailand.

First ukulele store in Thailand, first ukulele festival in Thailand, first ukulele books written in Thai, brought ukulele to Thai TV, sponsors all the major Thai players. I'm sure I'm leaving a few things out.

I guess he's helping to promote the Uke worldwide now too.

Good guy!

Thanks for the link.

First ukulele store in Thailand, first ukulele festival in Thailand, first ukulele books written in Thai, brought ukulele to Thai TV, sponsors all the major Thai players. I'm sure I'm leaving a few things out.

Yes, he has had the money and connections to be a very generous and loyal patron and promoter of the ukulele. I'm not knockin' him.

It just seems to me that the original claim of
"Ribbee (Asada) is pretty much solely responsible for introducing the ukulele to Thailand" seems to slight all the other Thai luthiers, shop owners, performers and teachers who have turned millions of their compatriots onto the uke along WITH Asada in the past 5-6 years.

Top Bottom