Twinkle Star

Booli

Reaction score
My simple arrangement of this little song.

Arrangement Copyright (c) by Booli Deano 2016.

Mainland longneck concert pineapple, tuned GCEA, Oasis Bright Hi-g strings

Captured with an Electro-Voice N/D767a mic, going into an ART USB Dual Tube Pre preamp interface, into Garageband on an iPad3.

Video assembled in Kdenlive on Xubunu Linux and rendered to Youtube.:

https://youtu.be/WaURxA8fl0g

Last edited:
Nice one Booli, my granddaughter and I loved it.

It means a lot to me that you took the time...

Thanks Campbell. Glad you enjoyed it.

Maybe one day, with enough practice and dedication, I will be able to play as well as you do in your videos with the floating hands. :)

Nice one, Booli.

This has got a "Shatner-esque" feel to it, was that intentional?
I mean that with the greatest respect, btw.

Nice one, Booli.

This has got a "Shatner-esque" feel to it, was that intentional?
I mean that with the greatest respect, btw.

I can hear that. :D

Ha Ha! Yes, but that was not in my head when I did the voice part.

Simply, after I recorded the uke part, and listened back, it seemed a bit bare, so then I just did that speaking part in one take, improvised, and kept it. Panned the voice 30% left and panned the uke 30% right, and called it 'done'.

I recall seeing or hearing a Shatner rendition some time ago on YT (made in the 60's in the heyday of the original Star Trek on tv) for which I read he was sorta ridiculed...and also Leonard Nimoy's rendition of 'Bilbo Baggins'...comedy value for sure!

So, yes Shatner, that may have been in my subconscious, but I am innocent of any intent to copy his version, so maybe I can say it was 'inspired' by Shatner, of whom, I have always been a big fan. :)

Booli
Very creative and inspiring.
Will you be doing a Chinese version soon?
Your friend
Brenda

Thank you for saying so!

I am not fluent enough any more in Mandarin or Cantonese to record one 'on the fly', but if you have a translation for me, with English phonetic pronounciation, I will make a special recording of it just for you.

But I am not sure someone who likely speaks much better Chinese than I do, every day of the week, will actually want to hear my fumbling, will you?

It is a nice thought, either way.

Mahalo,

Booli

Oh, Booli, I would love to hear your Chinese version, in either Mandarin or Cantonese.

Thanks for the support. I had planned to do a Chinese version back when I uploaded this originally.

However, lately I've been quite busy and not had the time to learn the Chinese words, nor practice well enough to record anything.

I will get to it eventually, so please stay tuned! :music:

Top Bottom