Reverb Tuner on sale again...

UkeStuff

Reaction score
i bought 5 last time and they seem to leave with other people. I might have 1 left in box yet. Two of them I've broken off the arm right at the body. Glue works for a while...

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up 5 more. Last ones still fine. Will sell a few in my next uke class. Wonder if the same wazoo will buy a bunch for resale on Ebay again this time. I guess it's advertising for Reverb, but a limit would be good.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just got in on the deal.

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up 5 more. Last ones still fine. Will sell a few in my next uke class. Wonder if the same wazoo will buy a bunch for resale on Ebay again this time. I guess it's advertising for Reverb, but a limit would be good.

They claim that there's a limit of 1 per user and that it will be enforced...guess not?

I ordered one.

Less than 2 months later...

It would turn on, but the "needle" wouldn't move no matter what I was doing or which mode it was in.

Changed the battery, worked just fine.

2-3 days later, same thing.

Any suggestions, or should I chunk it and order a Snark eventually?

Last edited:
The choice is yours - but my Snark SN6 has been going for the past 10 months on its battery it came with without a single hitch. :)

That's the one I've had in my Amazon wishlist forever.

I'll end up using a tuner on my phone for the moment, and maybe ordering one in a few weeks.

I was mostly trying to make sure I didn't do something dumb to it that makes it quit working!

Our band uses the Snark. It actually, as far as I can tell, doesn't matter if you use the SN-6 or the one for the guitar or the general use one. They are all pretty much the same.

Less than 2 months later...

It would turn on, but the "needle" wouldn't move no matter what I was doing or which mode it was in.

Changed the battery, worked just fine.

2-3 days later, same thing.

Any suggestions, or should I chunk it and order a Snark eventually?

I have a few of these that I have purchased myself, and our school has more than 100 that were donated by Reverb. So far, a couple have had this issue...and there has been two things that seem to fix it. First, remove the battery. Second wipe out the battery area in the tuner (kleenex, finger, whatever). Reinstall the battery.

Surprise...tuner works again.

If you want to buy a Snark, go for it. But remember...the Snark starts at 4 times the regular price of a Reverb tuner.

We bought 2 of the little Micro tuners on sale, and we like them! Of course, the Reverb isn't a Thompson, but it doesn't cost $70 either....

Last edited:
I have a few of these that I have purchased myself, and our school has more than 100 that were donated by Reverb. So far, a couple have had this issue...and there has been two things that seem to fix it. First, remove the battery. Second wipe out the battery area in the tuner (kleenex, finger, whatever). Reinstall the battery.

Surprise...tuner works again.

If you want to buy a Snark, go for it. But remember...the Snark starts at 4 times the regular price of a Reverb tuner.

I took the battery out twice and smacked it around. It's working for the moment. :)

Top Bottom