Favilla teardrop - replacing friction pegs

wormtowndj

Reaction score
I've seen this question asked years ago, but I thought I'd try again...is there any replacement peg that will not require enlarging the holes? They are tiny (square shaft into square hole in a plastic peg). I've limped along about as long as I can without replacing these pegs, and if I must drill a larger hole, I guess I'll do so, but I was hoping someone had come up with a less invasive solution.
(if I must drill, what are the skinniest reasonably good friction pegs?)
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• favilla.jpg
    favilla.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 42
I would check out Pegheds if you're going to replace them with geared tuners. You probably know that it would likely hurt the re-sale to do so by not maintaining its vintage authenticity, but it will certainly make it easier to tune (and more enjoyable to play, therefore). ;-)

I agree with Eddie,......... check out Pegheads. They seem to be more adaptable.

Thanks for the suggestions. I was really hoping to stay with friction tuners, but it looks I'd at least have to enlarge the hole to 3/16" for the Pings, which I gather are still the thinnest new pegs I'm going to be able to find. The Pegheads look great, but that's a more substantial mod than I think I'm willing to do.

Top Bottom