Kanile'a Super Tenor K-1 Premium

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Kanile’a Super Tenor K1-ST Premium for sale. I’m thinning the herd to make way for some new ukes. A Super Tenor is a standard tenor with a larger lower bout, which seems to enhance the sound quality.
Wonderful instrument, with really stunning Koa, well deserving of the Premium label. You can see it in the photos. I had the uke for several months before I noticed the twin black grain ‘stripes’ running up the lower bout of the front and the back.

The uke has the Kanile’a UV finish, which is tough and scratch resistant. There is a small ding in the front lower bout, difficult to photograph and not very noticeable.

The tone is beautiful – rich, soft and ringing. You can hear a pretty poor player on this exact uke in the video BELOW, or hear a master play this model of uke in the next comment one.

The uke comes with a Reunion Blues case, which the uke fits into nicely. I will also throw in a set of Worths – clear or brown, and an Oasis low G. Personally, I think the uke sounds much better with low G, but everyone’s ears and taste are different.

PRICE DROP: Price for the uke and case is $800. Sorry, at this price, no strings.

P1010596.jpgP1010595.jpgP1010594.jpgP1010593.jpgP1010592.jpg

Last edited:
Just curious, what kind of strings are you using? I'm guessing Worth Clear... if that's the case, which ones? (And thanks for posting a no frills video that demonstrates the tone without a lot of gymnastics)

Wow! A great price on a beautiful premium ukulele.................someone will be very happy.

Just curious, what kind of strings are you using? I'm guessing Worth Clear... if that's the case, which ones? (And thanks for posting a no frills video that demonstrates the tone without a lot of gymnastics)

I am pretty sure they are not Worths - my guess is a Savarez set with a Fremont low G. The strings are not that new, which is one reason I am including a set of Worths with the uke.

As was Al! I guess I should have closed this one, but it slipped away. I am glad to be able to share this uke with another UUer. Watch this forum for at least a couple more ukes coming up!

Top Bottom