FS: KoAloha KSM-00 Koa Soprano with Case - Will Consider Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
Pictures can be seen at:

https://goo.gl/photos/2NpaNQB7MsBeCNXEA

A friend asked me to find a good soprano and I recently found a KoAloha KSM-00 soprano at a very, very reasonable price. He decided he didn't want it. I don't know what he was expecting, but someone here will score very big on a KoAloha at a great price.

It was made in 2004 and it has a few dings and dots that do not affect playing that aren't really worth mentioning other than the fact that they are there. If you are looking for perfection, this is not it.

There are a few other things that I will detail here as most of you know that I am very detailed on my descriptions and you will know exactly what you are getting.

It looks like at one time there were some strips put on the back which were probably used to keep the Uke from sliding on clothing when playing, such as those used on the Flea. They were removed with absolutely no damage, but in the right light, and with the correct holding angle, you may be able see it.

The only 2 real things of notice are:

1) The scratches/dings on the side/top of the first fret on the G string. See the picture. It doesn't affect my playing, although it might look like it would and depending on how you play, you may feel it. I don't notice it.

2) There is one set of chips/dings that are seen on the bass side end of the Uke in the middle of the body. This does not affect playing.

I removed the strings on it and put PhD's on it. I like thin strings so this works fine, but someone else may want to go with a thicker string to give it a bit more fullness. There is slight buzzing when strumming hard or plucking hard on the G String, but otherwise you probably won't notice it.

The best part is the price. I bought it at the ridiculously low price of $335 taking shipping into account. I am not trying to make money. I want what I bought it for. This is a CONUS shipped price and I pay the Paypal fee unless you feel comfortable enough with me to pay with PayPal Friends & Family and save me the fee. I have loads of references and have bought, sold, and traded many, many Ukes here and on FMM. It's just fun. Check me out.

To make it even more enticing, I am including a case. You have your choice of cases. See post #4 (below) for a description of the cases.

I am also willing to trade up with this value for a Kanile'a K1 or K2 LN Soprano or another higher end LN Soprano. No regular sopranos please. WHATCHA GOT???

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Sweet! Someone is gonna get a great deal on a killer uke! I love my KSM-00! Good luck with the sale!

I made some changes to the description.

I have added a choice of two cases to be chosen by the buyer. One is the Uke Crazy type case (I don't see a logo, so I am saying Uke Crazy type), and the other is a gig bag. I personally like the gig bag in that it is extremely lightweight and easy to carry, but it doesn't offer the same type of protection the other one does. When I go to local places with one of the sopranos, I take the gig bag.

A hard shell case (not new but in great shape) is also available for an extra $20. The hard shell case pictures are the last 4 on this link:

https://goo.gl/photos/2NpaNQB7MsBeCNXEA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom