FS: Hand crafted soprano teardrop ukelele.

Vespa Bob

Reaction score
For sale is my latest handcrafted soprano ukulele based on a vintage Favilla teardrop style.
This beautiful little uke has a solid mahogany top, back, sides and neck. The fret board and bridge are rosewood. Ebony nut and saddle and Gotah friction tuners round off the hand picked materials invested in this instrument, which all add up to give it a clear, bright sound and that heirloom quality appearance.
The workmanship and superb sound set this soprano in a class above cheap laminated imports.
Built with care down to the last detail right here in California's Silicon Valley!
This one of a kind instrument can be yours for just $200 plus shipping (CONUS) Approx. $20
Call or PM me for more information.
Bob
408 238-1952

Attachments

• Favilla #4 3.jpg
    Favilla #4 3.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Favilla #4  .jpg
    Favilla #4 .jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 123
  • Favilla #4  9.jpg
    Favilla #4 9.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Favilla #4  14.jpg
    Favilla #4 14.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Favilla #4  8.jpg
    Favilla #4 8.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 97
Gee, nice ukulele Bob. I'd be tempted if I played soprano. If you build a concert, let me know.

PM sent. :)

Gee, nice ukulele Bob. I'd be tempted if I played soprano. If you build a concert, let me know.
Looks good! Longneck soprano perhaps?

That is one sweet lookin' uke for $200! Concert please :). Someone is gonna get a steal on a handmade instrument!

Thanks for the encouraging replies, folks, I do my best too produce a solid, well made instrument. My price is regulated by the fact that I'm still "amateur status"!
The uke has been sold, but I shall be building more, so let me know if you're interested.

Bob

What a beauty! Looking forward to seeing future builds.

Thanks, check in the Luthiers lounge. I usually post my new builds there.

Bob

Congrats on the quick sale and to whomever picked up what looks like a well-executed instrument. Just out of curiosity, Bob, what is your background? I ask because from the pics it looks like you have some experience that shows here.

Thanks, Eddie, ever since I can remember I have been involved in arts and crafts, but a lifetime of building model aircraft, particularly scale RC models, provided the skills and tools required for instrument building. Both crafts demand the same patience, accuracy and attention to detail and similar construction methods. It was a natural transition for me.
Bob

Gorgeous! Really unique, not many acoustic teardrop ukuleles available, new or vintage. Unfortunately, like some others here, I'm not a soprano player. Seeing this teardrop tempts me though....

I was interested but was sold . My name is Stevety on forum let me know if you get any more built .i live in San ramon ca not far from you.

Top Bottom