Can I change the timeout period on this forum

teryg

Reaction score
For some reason, I seem to get logged out very quickly on this forum. It seems like LastPass is logging me in every 5 minutes or so. That doesn't happen on other forums, so I'm assuming there's a setting somewhere to control how long you can go without typing before you get logged out. But I couldn't find it. Does that kind of setting exist, and if it does, could someone tell me where?

Thanks!

Those in power to remedy the problem can most efficiently be contacted via the link at the bottom of every page that says 'CONTACT US'.

This section of the forum is actually very low traffic as I have seen over the past 3 yrs.

Whenever I have used the link at the bottom of the pages as described here, I have also always gotten a reply either from the moderators, or the Admins, yes, they are in fact different groups, and I think that that Admins are the only folks that can control this function of timeout.

I also have no problem with timeout, and use lastpass as well on Firefox on Xubuntu Linux.

You might want to check and see if you have a browser extension installed or other program that does auto-delete of cookies, because if the UU cookie is deleted, then so is your login status.

Also if you close the browser, and then 10 mins later open it again, most of the time your login status will be reset because your previous browser 'session' has in fact expired when you closed the browser.

I also don't get logged out very often. I'm on a Mac with El Capitan 10.11.6 OS using Safari. I wonder if it has something to do with me being a UU VIP. Could the status level have anything to do with it, though I see that both uke 1950 and Booli are standard members, so maybe not.

When signing into the site, click the little box marked Remeber Me under where you fill out your user name and password. That should keep you logged in. Otherwise if there is any period of inactivity the site does log off users fairly quickly.

Last edited:
I use LastPass, I'm not a VIP, and running Google Chrome on the latest Mac OS I can't even remember the last time I got logged out. I can't find that I've selected any special settings other than the aforementioned Remember Me box at login.

I also stay connected in both Firefox in Windows and Safari on the iPad. I only checked "remember me" during login, and I only get logged out when I do so manually. It's probably a local setting (cookie policy, etc), not a forum one.

Top Bottom