Dance With Me (Orleans)

Nice harmonies and I really enjoyed your video wizardry. I've got songs that i'd like to record with my own harmonies but I have so much else to do first that it might be a while before i seriously have a go at this but it would be nice to know what tools and stuff you need to use to make this happen. And how much time did it take to splice them all together?

Thanks, Andie! I use GarageBand first to work on the audio. First, I video myself doing the main vocal while playing ukulele, then I send it to GarageBand, then use that "main track" as a guide to record the other parts to add to it... harmony, extra instrumentation, etc. Once I'm satisfied with the audio (or feel like it's the best I can do - ha ha), then I assemble the video using Final Cut Express. You need to learn how to use chroma key effects (green screening) if you want to add clones of yourself in the video. Lots of tutorials on YouTube that show how to do green screening, but a lot of it is experimentation as well. A video like this will take me at least several hours, and that doesn't count the time I spent listening to the song and trying to figure out the harmony. But it's fun when you love a song and want to try to present it ukulele style.

Hey nicely done! And I agree it's pretty amazing video work. I like that signature melodic run you threw in right at the end.

Thanks, Johnson! The koi ukulele was built by Aaron Oya. It has a real mellow sound!

Thanks, Etudes! That ending was the trickiest part of the song for me! :)

Mahalo, Aaron! The uke is a beauty with great sound! I'm proud to play it!

Thanks, Pritch! I'll go look for that version on YouTube now!

Someone asked for the chords that I used, so I think I'll post them here as well:

[F] Dance with me, I want to be your partner
[Bb] Can’t you see… the music is just starting
[Gm] Night is falling, and [C7] I am calling
[F] Dance with me

[F] Fantasy could never be so giving
[Bb] I feel free, I hope that you are willing
[Gm] Pick the beat up, and [C7] kick your feet up
[F] Dance with me

[Bbmaj7] Let it lift you [C] off the ground
[Bbmaj7] Starry eyes, and [G] love is all around us
[Bb] I can take you [C] where you want to [Dm] go
[Gm7] Whoa, [C7] whoa