More on the Jet/Performax 10-20

Timbuck

Reaction score
Has anybody tried out this wire brush kit on their 10-20's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_20VfQLXwQk

Also I have been looking at some pics of the latest 10-20 plus and the threaded lug that was stripping and causing problems, now appears to have grown somewhat thicker it is now twice as deep as the one that was on my sander before I cut it off.

so they have fixed it without addmitting they had a problem...Typical :rolleyes:

Last edited:
About time they addressed the problem. I don't own a Jet/Performax 10-20 and after what I read of the problems I wasn't too keen on buying one either. I'd like to think that your posts and fixes on the problem Ken were what caused them to redesign the bolt/fixture thingy. I think Jet/Performax owes you a thank you. Good luck on that one...

Still more stuff on the jet 10-20......Did you know you can use 1 1/2 " loadings instead of the expensive difficult to find 3" ones that come with the sander....I bought some top quality cloth backed 80 grit abrasive on a 55 yard roll from The "Customer Sanding Shed in Midhurst" and it works very well and easy to fit...just needs the taper trimming at the ends and Bobs yer Uncle ...*Edit* I have just checked the price for 25M x 76mm of 80P abrasive supplied by Axminster tools for this model sander (here in the UK) £63.96 per roll...The roll I got twice the length but still the same surface area was £29.17 I call that a big saving.:)

Last edited:
- Axminster are not that good with stuff. I needed my jet repairing and the belt aligning. They didn't do the belt and the motor has gone again... Really thinking seriously about upgrading but for the sake of the next 2 -5 years? I dunno if it is really worth it.

do you guys know what the taper for the abrasive measures? I don't know if that makes any sense... what angle do you cut along to get the proper taper I guess is a better way of asking

Ken, what exactly are you referring to in the picture, that appears to have grown?. I bought mine a few months ago and don't know what to look for, to see if mine has the fix. Thanks Mike
Has anybody tried out this wire brush kit on their 10-20's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_20VfQLXwQk

Also I have been looking at some pics of the latest 10-20 plus and the threaded lug that was stripping and causing problems, now appears to have grown somewhat thicker it is now twice as deep as the one that was on my sander before I cut it off.

so they have fixed it without addmitting they had a problem...Typical :rolleyes:

Ken, what exactly are you referring to in the picture, that appears to have grown?. I bought mine a few months ago and don't know what to look for, to see if mine has the fix. Thanks Mike
It's the threaded lug at the back of the arm..the faulty one (mine)'is about 12mm thick ..the new one looks about 25mm thick, but i only have pics to judge the size. I could be wrong.

Thanks, I've just looked through your original post in which you detail the fix. Mine looks like the one in that post and has a T shape cross section, but measures about 3/4" deep. The threaded bar measures about 0.54", which is not good news according to your post. Looks like I can expect trouble ahead. Mike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom