"Gabriel's Oboe" Kinnard Super Tenor + Tab

Campbell,
Such a sweet one. You make that Kinnard sing.

Will you share some things with me, please?

1. Do you set goals with your uke playing?

2. How many hours do you practice daily or weekly?

3. How long have you been playing the uke?

4. What other stringed instruments do you play?

5. How many years have you played other stringed instruments?

Thanks =)

Great job! :D

I really enjoy learning your arrangements. Thank you!

Wonderful performance, thank you for sharing.

The video itself made me giggle, because your arms don't show (black on black background). It's as if two disembodied hands are working together to magically play the ukulele--as if "Thing" escaped from the Addams Family and found a friend. It's late and I'm over tired.

But thank you again for sharing some wonderful playing and music (those are not always synonymous).

Wow, really beautiful, Campbell. You do that Kinnard some serious justice. Your videos give me floating hands nightmares, LOL, but I so enjoy your playing!

Beautiful! Another question: what's your recording setup?

Campbell define the difference between playing music and making music.
20 hours divided by 7 days, that's about 3 hour a day. I can do that but I wasted 40 years! How do I make it up?
I think I know your answer already. ;)
Oh.......Now I know why you could read piano music.

Attachments

• imgres.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Beautiful! Another question: what's your recording setup?

He answered this question for me on another thread.

Thanks for taking the time to watch & comment mate. I use the K&K Aloha Twin Spots (passive) in all my ukes & guileles. In fact I had just fitted one to this Concert uke and thought I'd like to make a little video to test it out. These work best using a preamp, so for this I use a Zoom A3. I use a little reverb (nothing else) from the A3 and plug directly into a Zoom Q8 Handy Cam. I really like this recording setup because it is extremely simple and easy to use. Everything goes direct to camera and there's no need worry about interference from outside noise or having to sync audio & video later on, after that it's straight to Windows Live Movie Maker and away you go.

Thanks for your kind words, as always, Johnson.

1. My main goal is to share music with others, I look for interesting pieces that will adapt for ukulele and tab them out with an audio file or video. Daily goal is to play "Hanon For Ukulele" from cover to cover without mistakes. http://ukeofcarl.com/hanon-for-ukulele-free-ebook/ I discovered Hanon scales as a lad and it helped me immensely with guitar.

2. I usually play about 20 hour a week, sometimes more.

3. I've been playing 40 years.

4. Guitar & Kiku

5. As kids, we grew up with music in the family home, my father was a great piano player and also played ukulele, we thought that was pretty cool and jumped aboard.

That is a great main goal and thanks for the link to the Hanon for Uke. I am going to check it out this week.
I really appreciate you sharing this information.

Campbell - thanks for sharing this one.

Such a pensive, contemplative melody, and as you've played it, quite inspiring as well. :music:

Top Bottom