Ohta-San and Lyle Ritz albums - free

These are great. Hard to believe they are in the public domain, but I do not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Thank so much for sharing the links.

Thanks for sharing these! Lossless format choices even, very nice.

Hard to believe they are in the public domain
FWIW, I doubt that is true. And just because something is "out of print" does not make it legal to distribute either.

A couple of years ago, I followed a blog where this guy was posting mp3s of out of print vinyl, fairly obscure 60s and 70s jazz mostly. This is stuff you literally could not buy anywhere any more except eBay or a yard sale - anything on CD or iTunes for example he wouldn't post. He still got shut down when one of the copyright holders found out and threatened legal action.

Will you get in trouble for downloading? Not likely. But you better do it quick as I wouldn't count on that stuff being posted long term.

Having said that - thanks for the post, bonesoup!

OP, thank you for the links! These are great.

Jim, I think I followed the same blog(s)!

FWIW, I doubt that is true. And just because something is "out of print" does not make it legal to distribute either.

A couple of years ago, I followed a blog where this guy was posting mp3s of out of print vinyl, fairly obscure 60s and 70s jazz mostly. This is stuff you literally could not buy anywhere any more except eBay or a yard sale - anything on CD or iTunes for example he wouldn't post. He still got shut down when one of the copyright holders found out and threatened legal action.

Will you get in trouble for downloading? Not likely. But you better do it quick as I wouldn't count on that stuff being posted long term.

Having said that - thanks for the post, bonesoup!

Top Bottom