They're Everywhere!

SailQwest

Reaction score
I just got the new Land's End Swim 2009 Catalog, and the pp 4-5 layout has 3 shots with ukuleles! Does this mean they're becoming mainstream?!?

Haha, yes definitely. I went to an open mic on Saturday and there was a guy with a uke. He did the Fresh Prince theme song. I was so shocked to see another uke player there.

The ukes are taking ovah!

Unfortunately yes. I liked it when "Ukulele Underground" meant something obscure. Mainstream is boring.

Yeah I agree. Its cool that ukulele is getting popular, theres no doubt about that, I just want to be the only kid in my side of the state that plays ukulele :D. So far Im doing pretty well.

I don't share that mindset. The more the merrier! I would love to one day find 3-4 peeps nearby to jam ukezz with.

Better get more exclusive.

I'm starting the PLA

Pineapple Liberation Army :D

My wife was just watching Samantha Who?, and her ex-boyfriend (who she lives with) was playing a Fluke. Literally 15 minutes ago.

Jason

uke popularity might be the case in the us but in england your lucky to meet anyone who knows what a uke is (i hear the term toy guitar pretty much everyday)

Top Bottom