NUD: A Newbie with a Dream Uke

whmeltonjr

Reaction score
So I never really intended to purchase this ukulele, or any ukulele like it for that matter, but after unloading some unused items I had around the house I decided to take the plunge. I haven't been playing the ukulele for very long, but I can tell I have a winner on my hands here. When I first strummed this Kamaka, I knew I had made the right choice in getting it over the Pono I was previously looking at. The weight, balance, intonation, and setup are all so good. Anyway, enough rambling from me. Here are a few pictures. :cool:

RAMdRwg.jpg
MbDk2or.jpg
kg3yQbr.jpg

Such a gorgeous instrument. Nice job with the pics, too.

Congratulations! Looks absolutely Royale on that case lining!

Very beautiful! Also a great motivation to become a solid ukulele player, and you probably saved money in the long run. :)

I really need to make up my mind on whether or not I want to get a 2016 Kamaka. I don't need another ukulele, but I might regret if I don't seize the opportunity.

Last edited:
Such a gorgeous instrument. Nice job with the pics, too.

Thank you!

Congratulations! Looks absolutely Royale on that case lining!

I agree, the case lining really makes it pop.

Very beautiful! Also a great motivation to become a solid ukulele player, and you probably saved money in the long run. :)

I really need to make up my mind on whether or not I want to get a 2016 Kamaka. I don't need another ukulele, but I might regret if I don't size the opportunity.

Both of these were part of my line of thinking. I have already been playing a good amount every day since I started playing, but now I'm even more motivated to play. The opportunity to get a 100th anniversary edition kind of pushed the decision over the edge for me.

Now I just need to figure out what strings to put on it. The stock ones aren't bad per say, but they aren't great either. I have a pack of Martin M620s I was thinking about putting on.

Congrats on your new baby. Give us a review when it settles in and you're no long in a state of blissful shock.

So I never really intended to purchase this ukulele, or any ukulele like it for that matter, but after unloading some unused items I had around the house I decided to take the plunge.

I tried this, but my partner reckoned the fridge and the copper pipes were 'absolutely necessary'. :mad:

Nice looking uke. I like the simple unadorned look; it lets the beauty of the timber shine.

This is a NUD post you are suppose to be "ramblng" ;)

Congratulations on a beautiful instrument. Mivo is correct about saving money in the long run because you won't be going up one step then the next. You are at the top right now. I bought a 100th anniversary Kamaka baritone earlier this year and I am so glad I did as well, fabulous instrument.

Enjoy your new beauty and play the daylights out of it.

Nice instrument. I take that's a tenor? An anniversary uke would be nice but so far all I could justify was the shirt. :)

Enjoy

Congratulations, great choice.

Gracias!

Congrats on your new baby. Give us a review when it settles in and you're no long in a state of blissful shock.

I will certainly do that.

Tenor or concert?

Tenor, the HF-3.

I tried this, but my partner reckoned the fridge and the copper pipes were 'absolutely necessary'. :mad:

Nice looking uke. I like the simple unadorned look; it lets the beauty of the timber shine.

A refridgerator is super overrated. :rofl:

This is a NUD post you are suppose to be "ramblng" ;)

Congratulations on a beautiful instrument. Mivo is correct about saving money in the long run because you won't be going up one step then the next. You are at the top right now. I bought a 100th anniversary Kamaka baritone earlier this year and I am so glad I did as well, fabulous instrument.

Enjoy your new beauty and play the daylights out of it.

I definitely think I will save in the long run as well. I know if I bought the Pono I would find myself wanting one of the famed K ukuleles.

Nice instrument. I take that's a tenor? An anniversary uke would be nice but so far all I could justify was the shirt. :)

Enjoy

It is indeed a tenor. I need to pick up the shirt to match HA!

Congrats on the great Uke ... I am sure it sounds lovely.

Fantastic ukulele, congratulations! :shaka:

Congrats on the great Uke ... I am sure it sounds lovely.

Thank you, it definitely does.

Fantastic ukulele, congratulations! :shaka:

:shaka:

I'm up for string recommendations if anybody has any they particularly like on their Kamaka. I've read quite a bit on the subject, and I can tell SAS is going to replace UAS for me.

Thank you, it definitely does.

:shaka:

I'm up for string recommendations if anybody has any they particularly like on their Kamaka. I've read quite a bit on the subject, and I can tell SAS is going to replace UAS for me.

Start with Worth CT or Oasis warms. If you like florocarbon these are two excellent chioces.

I think Worth Clears and Oasis Brights sound the best on my Kamakas (a concert and a tenor). Living Water and Phd strings are also very good.

Last edited:
Wow! Congrats. Play it every day!

Thank you for the string recommendations. Will give the Worth CT a shot. Anybody have any thoughts towards the Martin 620s I have? Thinking about trying them since they're already in my possession.

Congrats on a great uke........and 100th anniversary too! Worth or PHD's are my Kamaka favorites.

Top Bottom