Ah Technology, who wants one of these

I was an early backer of this and have been using it for a while now. I love mine. I did a demo with my Mya Moe baritone on YouTube. It quickly became my most watched video. There is clearly a lot of buzz around this device since it was released last year.

In hindsight I could have bumped up the effects more to get a better contrast between dry and using the effects. It works on my tenor too but I did not attempt getting the cross brace installed, I used blue tape to test it out. It also works great on my parlor guitar.

Last edited:
I too was a backer, but I found it a little too gimmicky so I haven't used it. As a matter of fact, maybe I'll sell it to you MM Stan.

Clever idea. The reverb and delay sound good. Overdrive sounds terrible. I don't think it would work very well on a ukulele.

Yeah the crunch setting is not good. The autowah works ok on guitar but I found it difficult to get working on uke without some nasty feedback or weird overtones. My dad also bought one and we messed around with it on his Córdoba 20TM and it worked surprising well.

I have heard though that you might be able to replace effects in the future with a firmware upgrade or be able to roll your own using software. I'm not holding my breath on that one. I also haven't had much luck using the iOS interface to blend in other effects, although that is something they show in demos. You can also use it as a DI into a mixing board or an amp - with or without the effects.

Top Bottom