Wagner Safe T Planer ....TAS got me again.

Timbuck

Reaction score
I spotted an original Safe T Planer on EBay in the US $35 ...I thought too expensive to ship to the UK, then I read the description more carefully and realised this was for 2 units ...postage was by international shipping program at $30...I thought "I thought now that looks like a bargain":)
Works out at about $32.5 (£24 UKP) each ...going rate for one from Stewmac is £37 plus shipping via DHL £19.92 total £56.
I recon I did well :)

I spotted an original Safe T Planer on EBay in the US $35 ...I thought too expensive to ship to the UK, then I read the description more carefully and realised this was for 2 units ...postage was by international shipping program at $30...I thought "I thought now that looks like a bargain":)
Works out at about $32.5 (£24 UKP) each ...going rate for one from Stewmac is £37 plus shipping via DHL £19.92 total £56.
Have you tried it yet? Our drill press finally gave up (and I realized why I had alot of problems with it), but I was out today and bought a new one to replace it. I'll put it in the co-op's shed, even though I bought it myself...almost only me who is using it anyway and it's a nice space.
Hope to be up and running on Sunday again with the stewmac version, which I bought on your recommendation ;).

I got the Chinese knock off version after Wagner stopped making them. Bloody awful, Pete's sander beat it hands down

Last edited:
I was only a young lad of 23 when this was published.:eek:

Interesting article, but the part about immobilizing your tools in plaster of Paris got my attention. Interesting. Not sure I am going to do this or even why a person would want too. What a hoot. How to make a total mess and ruin your tools at the same time! Thanks Ken.

Fullscreen capture 8272016 90916 PM.jpg

Interesting article, but the part about immobilizing your tools in plaster of Paris got my attention. Interesting. Not sure I am going to do this or even why a person would want too. What a hoot. How to make a total mess and ruin your tools at the same time! Thanks Ken.

View attachment 93730
I think its to stop em rattling around in the toolbox ...Plastic Foam wasn't invented then ;)

Top Bottom