The healing power of uke

fowl

Reaction score
There is a perfect ukulele for every situation. About a week ago I came down with a resiratory infection. That is a bad thing when you are old. A couple of times tried to play the uke tis week but did not have the energy. This morning I got up feeling almost human. Resolved to try again but I did not think I could take the volumn of a soprano. Pulled a Tom 17in off the wall and started playing. Amazingly was able to go for almost half an hour before running out of steam. Since then been feeling much better. Thanks for listening, Steve

I've noticed that most things that cause vibration in my chest help out when I have sinus or respiratory crud, and may set off a coughing fit because it knocks stuff loose.

New treatment. Called "vapo strumming" :music:

Thanks for the kind words guys.I am coughing now which does loosen things up. I wear a handkerchief bandito style so the wife does not have to tell me to cover up the trap.

Thanks for the kind words guys.I am coughing now which does loosen things up. I wear a handkerchief bandito style so the wife does not have to tell me to cover up the trap.

Wonder what I would have to wear so the wife does not tell me I'm an idiot :p

You're right about old making it feel worse, with a difficult recovery. Being old and sick sucks.
Feel better!

I'm reading this new book called "Divine Attunement, Music as a Path to Wisdom".
It is all about healing the race with music. amazing book, amazing concept. I have the group's CD, and it puts me in another world, where I don't give a s** how I feel.

I'm reading this new book called "Divine Attunement, Music as a Path to Wisdom".
It is all about healing the race with music. amazing book, amazing concept. I have the group's CD, and it puts me in another world, where I don't give a s** how I feel.

Sounds like a good CD!

That's why I show the link in my signature for The Ukulele Kids club, so more music can be provided to the ill, in their case, ill children.

When I had my knee replaced last year I brought my DaSilva 3k into the hospital. It allowed me to get my mind off the pain and seem to pick the spirits up of the other patients and nursing staff. No one had ever brought an instrument into the ward before. They used to hang around the door of my room. Most of the time I didn't know that they were there until I looked up. It's not that I'm a great player, far from it, but it gave me and I guess them, some element of healing.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Strum two sopranos and call me in the morning.

Scooter

When I had my knee replaced last year I brought my DaSilva 3k into the hospital. It allowed me to get my mind off the pain and seem to pick the spirits up of the other patients and nursing staff. No one had ever brought an instrument into the ward before. They used to hang around the door of my room. Most of the time I didn't know that they were there until I looked up. It's not that I'm a great player, far from it, but it gave me and I guess them, some element of healing.

View attachment 93720

Way to go!
There are many books out on Music Therapy, I think I've read every one of them.
I know, no matter how rotten I might feel, even when I think I don't wanna play, just picking up my baby and noodling around makes me feel a whole lots better! Days like today when I don't have time to play kinda suck.

Top Bottom