FS: New Colorful Tenor ULO Ukulele by D. Heilman

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
Here is a Tenor version of the ULO (oo-low) which stands for a Ukulele Like Object. These ukes are meant to be fun to play, have a unique look and have a good sound with excellent setup and playing action. This Tenor is number 011. It has a 17" playing scale and a tenor size body which gives it a deeper tone and has more volume because of the larger sound board. The body is constructed of a single piece of 3/4" pine, a quality one piece solid Western red cedar top plate and a 1/4" plywood back. The neck has a 1/4" steel truss rod for strength and stability. It has only 4 top braces and a bridge patch. The bridge is the string through type and is made of ebony with a ebony saddle and nut. The fingerboard is Mango, with larger than standard uke frets, 12 to the body which offers easy playing and accurate intonation. There are plastic dot position markers at the 5,7,and 10th frets, white side dots included. The body thickness is 1 1/16", and the total length is 26", and the body width is 8 3/4". The finish is one coat of white sealer paint and one coat in multiple colors and patterns of spray paint. This uke features a Music note theme. The tuners are Grover gear type and they work very well for the tenor size. The strings are Worth brand. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed. I believe its a lot of uke for the money. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in the USA by D. Heilman of Black Bear Ukes. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

SOLD

Attachments

• 2016-8-26 Tenor ULO - a.jpg
    2016-8-26 Tenor ULO - a.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 418
  • 2016-8-26 Tenor ULO - b.jpg
    2016-8-26 Tenor ULO - b.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 2016-8-26 Tenor ULO - c.jpg
    2016-8-26 Tenor ULO - c.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Still available for those adventurous souls who want to try some different and have a little fun to boot.

OOOH! Tenor! Bet this one sounds great! Somebody snatch it up quick, before I'm tempted!

As the owner of #3 I can tell you that these are the wonderful travel, office, have out & grab quickly everyday instruments. Mine is a sleeper and a keeper! Really am wondering what the tenors sounds like and am so happy you made one! I would love to hear it. I have nice Martins and a Timms plus a few others and I thoroughly enjoy the harp like voice of my little blue ULO.
If I could snatch this one up, I would. Just at the moment, I have to budget for some other upcoming expenses that have nothing to do with music at the moment. Someone is going to get real happy!

Close-out special. I have only made one of these tenor ULOs and do not plan to make more. There does not seem to be much interest in this size, so I am closing it out at $100 plus $25 shipping.

I will add that I sent a pm at 9:12 :)

I thank all those who offered to purchase this ULO, it has been sold to the first offer. Happy a good holiday.

Top Bottom