FS: Takumi Soprano in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmax

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm selling my beautiful Takumi ukulele. I'm still not quite sure why, it's a fantastic uke and I love it. Guess the curiosity of wanting to try more ukes has gotten the best of me, hence this one has to go. I'm going to regret this, that's for sure! :p

This is their style 3 uke. The model name is TS-3M. These are quite rare. They come from the folks behind Kiwaya, that now produce a limited number of ukes under their own name.

It has a slightly larger lower bout compared to a Martin shape, which gives it a beautiful, smooth sound with lot's of sustain. But it certainly can bark if you give it a quick strum! The fingerboard is nice and wide and the action is low but completely buzz-free. It's setup really well and plays absolutely effortlessly!

All mahogany body and neck. Ebony fingerboard. 14 frets to the body. Gotoh UPT tuners. Professionally installed strap button back. Selling it with an unused hard case included.

No scratches or dings or anything. I bought it about a year ago and have been very careful with it.

I don't have any sound files of it, but if you search for Takumi Ukulele on YouTube, you will find a bunch of videos that George Elmes has recorded with his mahogany soprano Takumi (but a less fancy model).

I'm asking 800 Euros (but converted to Swedish Kronor on the day it's sold, we can use XE.com that day to see accurate exchange rate). Shipping within Europe included. I'm happy to ship it outside of Europe too, but in that case you will have to pay for the shipping (and eventual customs and whatever on your part when it arrives). PayPal would be easiest for me, unless you happen to be in Stockholm and can pick it up yourself, in that case I'll knock some of the price off.

I might be persuaded to trade for a comparable soprano made from Koa, a pre-30s Martin (in either Koa or Mahogany, but must be setup well and play nice) or maybe a nice soprano or concert resonator uke or something.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Max

Attachments

• takumi1.jpg
    takumi1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 106
  • takumi2.jpg
    takumi2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 68
  • takumi3.jpg
    takumi3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 57
  • takumi4.jpg
    takumi4.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 62
  • takumi5.jpg
    takumi5.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 52
Forgot the "maxmax" picture.

Attachments

• takumi6.jpg
    takumi6.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 25
This is a really good deal. I looked into Takumi sopranos before when I saw Georges play one (the video you mentioned) and learned about them. This is a premium instrument, at least as good as a Kiwaya, if not better, and much harder to get. And yours has extras and is set-up. When I looked, I couldn't even find one in Europe for sale. Sadly, I can't afford this at the moment (getting a Kanile'a GL6, so, broke for a while!), but whoever buys this will get a fantastic instrument at a really fair price.

Really nice!

Thanks for the comments Mivo and Eddie, I appreciate them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom