FS: Blackbird Clara with radiused fingerboard in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxmax

Reaction score
Hi!

Selling my Blackbird Clara with radiused fingerboard. This is the most easy playing and also most resonant uke I've ever played, honestly!

It has a tiny little ding on the headstock, and also the finish around the headstock is starting to come off. It's not scratched around the headstock, it's just the finish is coming off a bit. Not quite sure what's going on. Otherwise it's in great shape.

It has Gotoh UPT tuners and I'm selling it with the heavy-duty gig bag it came with. It does not have a pickup installed. It's currently strung with Worth Brown high G strings, but this uke also sounds absolutely fantastic with a low G! I have an unused Fremont low G I can send along with it if you would like.

I'm asking 700 Euros for it (but converted to Swedish Kronor on the day it's sold, we can use XE.com that day to see accurate exchange rate). Shipping within Europe included. I'm happy to ship it elsewhere too, but in that case you will have to pay shipping and if there will be any customs added on your end. PayPal would be easiest for me, if you don't happen to be in Stockholm, and if so I'll knock some of the price off.

I might be interested in trading for nice Koa soprano of whatever make, a pre-30s Martin (in either Koa or Mahogany, but must be setup well and play nice) or maybe a nice soprano or concert resonator uke.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Max

Attachments

• clara1.jpg
    clara1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 131
  • clara2.jpg
    clara2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 101
  • clara3.jpg
    clara3.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 100
Thanks Booli, I'll take more photos (when the sun is up) if anyone is interested. That said, I don't think I can capture it better than in this photo. If you look at the edges, especially on the top part above the logo, that is where the finish is dulled a bit. The headstock "overlay" is slightly more glossy than the neck, and this phenomenon is only on the top glossy part, you can't see it from the side or behind. If anything, I actually think it looks worse in this photo than it does in real life.

Cheers,
Max

Last edited:
I may be interested. Can you tell me the year made? Also, how much would you charge to send it to the USA?

Hi Deb!

Sorry I missed this yesterday. I just recently sent a soprano to USA and it cost in shipping 50€. This might be ever so slightly more expensive, but if you are interested, 50€ would be fine by me.

It was made in 2015. It's one of the first ones made with a radiused fingerboard. I bought it from The Ukulele Site, so it has their wonderful setup.

Cheers,
Max

I have one of these Clara's already- the one with the radius fretboard from HMS. Can't believe you're selling it, BUT to anyone is is considering buying Max's, do so; you won't be sorry. Gorgeous rich tone and great playability with that radius fretboard. I'm 58 and I plan to be playing mine when I'm an old old lady in a nursing home ����

Cheers Emma, your check is in the mail. ;)

Haha! Good luck with your sale, Max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom