PDA

View Full Version : FS: Rick Tuner Compass Rose Burl Walnut Tenor

stevejfc
08-27-2016, 09:40 AM
***SOLD***For sale is a very nice Rick Tuner Compass Rose Curly Burl Walnut Tenor, with a born on date of June 2010. This uke is a players' player, with a very classical ring and a mahogany neck reminiscent in guitar-neck shape and feel, but appropriately sized. It has the Compass Rose cantilevered rosewood fretboard, rosewood bridge and bone nut and saddle. Two snakewood strap buttons have been professionally installed. Black and gold compass rose soundhole rosette and black and gold fleur-de-lis over walnut head stock with geared tuners. The tone is very classical guitar like, especially with the newly strung combination of Oasis Warm wound low g coupled with Worth CT Clears 1 - 3. Overall condition I would rate as a 9.5 out of 10, only due to a slight bulge (not visable to the camera) on the soundboard just below the bridge. This has been there for the last 4 or 5 years and has not changed in that time. The bridge is firmly secure. The ukulele includes an O'ahu premium arch-top hard case. I am selling only due to my decision to concentrate entirely on concert size. ***SOLD*** shipped CONUS if paid by PayPal gift. You pay for shipping if paid by regular PayPal.

sam13
08-27-2016, 09:47 AM
You have some fine Ukes. Can I get a two for one deal? Lol

stevejfc
08-27-2016, 09:59 AM
Me thinks you've done ok Simon..............I've just given up trying to keep up with Hodge:cool:

Captain Simian
08-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Wow, that is one beautiful uke. Too bad my CFO would crush my skull with her bare hands if I even mentioned I'd like to get this.

M3Ukulele
08-27-2016, 03:29 PM
That is a great price and beautiful ukulele. Any sound samples? 12 fret neck joint and Matt finish? Correct?

stevejfc
08-27-2016, 03:40 PM
Thanks Capt. and M3. It is indeed a beautiful uke. Yes 12 fret to the body and then the cantilevered portion begins. The finish is matte with just a bit more glow than most. My H2n took a tumble and is officially dead. I might try the phone for an alternate audio sample, but that has been sonically pitiful in the past.

Doc_J
08-27-2016, 07:04 PM
Wow. Great deal on a CR Steve! I think CRs from that vintage (pre 2012) are some the best sounding CRs made (I've got one of those).

SpaasStrummer
08-28-2016, 01:25 PM
Very pretty, surprised it is still here thought it would go like the Kinnard recently listed at the price you have it listed. I paid nearly twice your asking price for a 2nd hand CR a couple years ago.

gyosh
08-30-2016, 05:31 AM
Such a great deal I can't believe this is still available.

Stevelele
08-30-2016, 11:58 AM
you know that you've owned too many ukes when you can't figure out whether the uke that you're eying and is a great deal is one that you previously owned. I don't think it is, but if it is that is one heck of an instrument. Somebody ought to get on this right away, my friends

warndt
08-30-2016, 01:16 PM
Was the bridge re-set and re-glued?

stevejfc
08-30-2016, 02:52 PM
Was the bridge re-set and re-glued?
No William, there is nothing wrong, or has there been, with the bridge. I only mentioned that the bridge is firmly secure because of the slight outward bulge on the soundboard below the bridge. I didn't want anyone thinking there was a bridge issue. There isn't. The soundboard bulge has been there for several years and has remained unchanged. It is just there, and I want to be upfront about it. It is a really good uke from a top-notch builder at a very good price. Thanks for pointing out that clarification was needed.

stevejfc
08-31-2016, 10:07 AM
you know that you've owned too many ukes when you can't figure out whether the uke that you're eying and is a great deal is one that you previously owned. I don't think it is, but if it is that is one heck of an instrument. Somebody ought to get on this right away, my friends
Ha, ha! Thanks Steve...............No this wasn't one of yours, though others may have been. Anyway, thanks for the kind endorsement.

warndt
08-31-2016, 02:23 PM
Thanks Steve,
I wish that I wasn't in the selling mode myself. I've been tempted with this one since the first day I saw the listing...but I have a Dentist's bill that's currently holding me hostage.:D

Wm.

sam13
09-01-2016, 09:06 AM
I have recently bought a Uke from Steve and the experience was excellent.

The Uke arrived well packed and in fabulous shape, as advertised.

Buy this great Uke with confidence.

stevejfc
09-02-2016, 03:52 AM
Thanks Simon.....I appreciate it

hammer40
09-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Great price! If I didn't already have a walnut CR, I would be all over this. I love mine, by far my favorite uke.

gyosh
09-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Great price! If I didn't already have a walnut CR, I would be all over this. I love mine, by far my favorite uke.

I'm thinking my CR might need a sibling :)

cherry b/s, spruce top

hammer40
09-02-2016, 09:40 AM

cherry b/s, spruce top

Go for it! Walnut is such a sweet tone wood, especially an ALL walnut uke.

stevejfc
09-02-2016, 02:46 PM
Go for it! Walnut is such a sweet tone wood, especially an ALL walnut uke.

I like your thinking!

singsong
09-04-2016, 03:52 AM
I buy for resale and I can tell you the price on this Compass Rose is HALF of what it should be. Turner makes some great ukuleles; if you are in the market for a tenor this is a great buy.

mds725
09-04-2016, 04:09 PM

cherry b/s, spruce top

Go for it! I have an all-walnut Compass Rose and it's a great instrument.

stevejfc
09-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Thanks singsong and mds. Compass Rose are top- notch ukuleles, with a wonderful sound and great playablity.

stevejfc
09-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Back for sale, after offer fell through.

stevejfc
10-10-2016, 09:35 AM
***sold*** Thanks everyone!

FishBurt
10-10-2016, 10:59 AM
Looking forward to my first Uke! Thanks Steve!

FishBurt
10-16-2016, 04:33 AM
Arrived in great shape - Thanks again Steve for a smooth transaction!

DownUpDave
10-16-2016, 04:40 AM
Looking forward to my first Uke! Thanks Steve!

Awesome first uke. Way to go straight to the top, smart decision. Congratulations and enjoy it.

OhioBelle
10-16-2016, 05:10 AM
Awesome first uke. Way to go straight to the top, smart decision. Congratulations and enjoy it.

Ditto! This looks like one incredible uke. Congrats to you both - on the sale and the purchase!

FishBurt
10-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanks! Been playing guitar for 40 years so I'm a bit partial to quality instruments!

DownUpDave
10-16-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks! Been playing guitar for 40 years so I'm a bit partial to quality instruments!

I figured as much. Guitar players coming to the uke get it.......no need to explain to them the benefits of a great instrument. Welcome to UU, hang around in the forums when you can and have some fun. This is a good place