Lanai Ukulele

provines

Reaction score
I just bought a Lanai Ukulele on Ebay. I don't have it yet. I couldn't find much of anything about this brand via Google but I thought it was a good price for a Koa laminate. Anyone know anything about the Lanai brand?

Congratulations! If it has four strings and you can jam on it, then money well spent.

Are you referring to a Lulani or a Lanikai? Perhaps a Leolani?

its a hawaiian company, and that is all i knwo

From that web site:

Japanese ukulele market has been extended wider after Hawaii.
In this severe market, our originative brand ; Lanai has grown up steadily and we have improved the quality of the products in small steps. We basically give the priority to making the middle-class models, in order to supply them with sufficient quantities and keep good maintenance for our customers.
The finest wood materials, such as Hawaiian KOA for Lanai models are connected to making the finest sounds and we also adapt ghs black-nylon strings and Gotoh parts that have already been admitted in the world as high quality products.
We believe Lanai ukulele sound and looks will attract your sensibility.

Great translation that adapt for happy sound and looks!

Definitely not a Hawaiian company though named after a Hawaiian island (one of my favorites). Website proudly states "Lanai made in Japan" which quality wise is a good thing. ;)

Update

Well, I received the "Lanai" uke today and it's not a "Lanai" but it is really a solid KOA "Tangi!" The seller couldn't read the label and the photo on Ebay wasn't clear enough to show the Tangi Logo on the headstock. Not a bad buy for $59.99. Woo Hoo!

-David

well, i received the "lanai" uke today and it's not a "lanai" but it is really a solid koa "tangi!" the seller couldn't read the label and the photo on ebay wasn't clear enough to show the tangi logo on the headstock. Not a bad buy for $59.99. Woo hoo!

-david

pics??? ?

Well, I received the "Lanai" uke today and it's not a "Lanai" but it is really a solid KOA "Tangi!" The seller couldn't read the label and the photo on Ebay wasn't clear enough to show the Tangi Logo on the headstock. Not a bad buy for $59.99. Woo Hoo!

-David

That's a great score! Congrats!

Ha! No way. This is the story I tell myself when I can't stop myself from bidding on most-likely-piece-of-crap ukes. Can't believe it actually happened to you! Nice score indeed! :D

poidhp.gif

I can;t get to youtube at work... :(

Our guitar player brought down his Lanai brand Koa Uke that he picked up in Hawaii 20 years ago. It's supposedly from the 20's. Wooden friction pegs, Headstock says "Aloha Hawaii", and the sticker inside said Lanai Ukulele co (I think) It also had a brand burned into the wood i.

Even with black strings it sounded amazing!

bob

Top Bottom