Moe Dixon and Mya-Moe #1

wconley

Reaction score
I had the pleasure of running into Moe Dixon who was about to play for an educational fund raiser at the Hood River Waterfront Park yesterday. I haven't heard Moe in person for many years so I was quite excited and pleased my wife could hear him live for the first time. While we were talking ukuleles come up and he brought out his Mya-Moe #1 tenor which showed the wonderful patina of an instrument well played and well loved.

Needless to say, we loved his performance on guitar, banjo and ukulele. Here's one song he did on his M-M. The string was absolutely beautiful even if the video doesn't fully show that. https://youtu.be/LSoY4e9hlo4

In a large part, Moe ,Gordon and Char were largely responsible for our late in life love of the ukulele. Through You tube videos, we found Moe's song, "Whole Lot of Saturday Night". It's a simple 2 chord song that hit a nerve and made us smile.After playing with it for a short time we began to think we were actually musicians. If nothing more, it was pure fun for us. We always introduce this song to newbies and to sing along gatherings. It never fails to bring participation. Heck, you can easily add a few verses of your own to personalize it. Thanks so much for sharing this video. I wish we could see more of Moe.

Top Bottom