using webcam while recording into audacity?

carpekd

Reaction score
Ok, I've got this problem.

I've trying to make another uke video, this time using audacity b/c it's gonna be a multi-track thing. Here's my setup: I've got my pickup going to an effects pedal (that I'm kinda using as a pre-amp) and then directly into my microphone plug on my computer.

When I use this without a camera hooked up to my USB port, the sound quality is excellent while recording into audacity. But when I hook up my webcam, the sound going into audacity becomes really faint, like the input volume is really low. I can't figure out how to fix this. I've made sure the mic volume setting on my computer is up, and I've even turned the built in mic off on my webcam thinking the two were conflicting, but it still didn't help.

I've tried using a stand-alone portable camera while recording into audacity, and then tying them together when I make my video, but it doesn't work b/c the internal clocks on my computer and the camera are off from each other, so the video will run a little faster/slower than the audio recording, so it's impossible to sync them up without slowing one down (which is really hard to do to get it right)

Any suggestions?

Is it possible that the webcam is activating its own software (that may have it's own audio settings in it) when you plug it in?

I've ran my equipment through a mixer and then the output thorugh a USB audio interface while the web cam was running into windows movie maker but never simultaneously with audacity running. Are you trying to run both video capture and audacity?

Top Bottom