Ukulele T-Shirt Fundraiser

UkeStuff

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

A couple of weeks ago, I ran into Aaron Kuehn's ukulele typogram which I thought would make a great shirt. I sent him a couple of e-mails and received nothing back, so here's the idea:

He charges $2.00 per shirt. I checked with my local t-shirt maker, and in the smallest quantity, shirts are 6.25 each (with a one time $24.00 set up). Mailing is $6.45 in a priority mail envelope in the US.

So here's my thought...would you be interested in a t-shirt (black, maroon, grey, dark green, or purple) at $25, shipped, that would include a $5 donation to my choir/ukulele program and a $5 donation to Kids Ukulele Club? I'm sure we can get sizes to 3X, but remember the graphic stays the same from S to 3XL.

I am not sure about overseas shipping...I don't know what that would entail, and flat rate envelopes (like those for the US) are astronomical.

I'll attach the photo of the mock-up. As a middle school choir director, ordering apparel is a yearly thing for me...shipping out will be another.

If we do this, we will set a date for orders, at which time the order will be placed...and prepayment will be required (I have to link the booster account to a PayPal). It takes about 3 weeks from order to finish with thus do any, but they do such good work for us that we deal with it. There might be other hidden fees (e.g. PayPal, 2XL and larger sizes) that the $25 per shirt would have to cover. If $25 is too much, then a smaller donation towards each group? Feedback is welcome.

What do you think? The idea would be to have some of you contact your local ukulele groups to have them place orders as well. We can't do web orders (per Aaron's instructions on his website), but word of mouth is okay.

And I would definitely post proof of orders, cost, and donations (money will be paid into the choir booster account, so really, you would see the Kids Club donation amd payment to Aaron.

If UU were still selling apparel, I wouldn't dare bring this up...but the typogram is a nice way to raise some money for a couple of programs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 99
Would it be possible for you to post a larger photo? it's almost impossible to see the logo on the t-shirts in the photo you posted.

Hello, everyone.

A couple of weeks ago, I ran into Aaron Kuehn's ukulele typogram which I thought would make a great shirt. I sent him a couple of e-mails and received nothing back . . . .

Does this mean that you haven't gotten Aaron's permission yet to use his design?

Aaron simply lists that you can use his design for $2 per shirt. I wrote twice, without response from him (had to buy the $5 master) but in the second let him know what I was doing and why, and if I didn't hear back, I would assume the $2 per printed shirt was fine with him.

His FAQ is pretty straightforward, where he basically tells you that he won't respond if the question is in the FAQ. As the pricing is in the FAQ, I am going ahead with the plan.

As for the logo, I'll try uploading it again, but it seems that UU shrinks the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8fccaucgsjws44/UkuleleTypogram.jpg?dl=0

It is the same image on Aaron's website.

Aaron simply lists that you can use his design for $2 per shirt. I wrote twice, without response from him (had to buy the $5 master) but in the second let him know what I was doing and why, and if I didn't hear back, I would assume the $2 per printed shirt was fine with him.

His FAQ is pretty straightforward, where he basically tells you that he won't respond if the question is in the FAQ. As the pricing is in the FAQ, I am going ahead with the plan.

As for the logo, I'll try uploading it again, but it seems that UU shrinks the image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8fccaucgsjws44/UkuleleTypogram.jpg?dl=0

It is the same image on Aaron's website.

Sorry. I don't know who Aaron is, and without a link to his website, I had no idea that his image was available for use by others at a per shirt price. As a sometimes cartoonist, I'm a little sensitive about image "borrowing." Thanks for clarifying.

Top Bottom