Uke stand recommendations?

teryg

Reaction score
I did a search and found several recommendations for uke stands, but then looked on Amazon and elsewhere and found that some of the stands that were recommended later got some pretty bad reviews. So I'm looking for the latest recommendations.

I have 2 ukes now--a baritone and a tenor. I suspect there will be more in the future, but not the really near future.

I'd like a stand that would serve a couple of purposes. One is just to have a uke out during the day so I can easily pick it up. I would put the uke(s) in cases overnight or when we go out. We have cats who have never shown an interest in the ukes beyond getting on my lap when I play, but I would still feel better with more protection when I'm not around.

The other is to bring to uke get-togethers, to put one uke on when I'm playing the other, or to put a uke on when we're taking a break. So, something solid but portable, if that's possible.

I'm open to a multi-uke stand if that's the best solution.

I use this one and keep in in my travel trailer. I only use it when camping. At home or a motel, I just lay the uke on the bed or in the case. When outside, I like to use the stand beside my chair when the uke is not in the case.
http://victorlitz.com/p-12425-prg-uke-stand-a-frame.aspx

I have wooden stand that I got from Kala. I've had it several years and am very happy with it.
https://kalabrand.com/collections/stands

I also have a hanger that attaches to a music stand. It's very handy to take to jams. I ordered it from Amazon. The brand on it is Orcas.

Is your Kala stand solid wood or veneer over a paperish core? The latter got some bad comments on Amazon.

I have wooden stand that I got from Kala. I've had it several years and am very happy with it.
https://kalabrand.com/collections/stands

I also have a hanger that attaches to a music stand. It's very handy to take to jams. I ordered it from Amazon. The brand on it is Orcas.
I have that one. I really like it a lot.

I like folding uke stands that will fit in my uke bag (large duffel that I put my books, uke(s) etc. in. I tend to put my ukes back in the case, not closing the clasps, between sets or while eating (we have a great kau kau) because there are too many people who don't watch where they walk and frequently knock someone's uke off one of the stands or when someone lays them on their seat. For that purpose, a larger, sturdier one than most people use for ukes would work best.

The way it's finished I can't tell if it's solid wood or not, but the core certainly isn't "paperish."

It doesn't matter a whole lot. I like the size of that stand and just wanted to be sure if I go with it I end up with the same one you and someone else here like. I think the people on Amazon who broke the stands must have treated them pretty badly.

I like folding uke stands that will fit in my uke bag (large duffel that I put my books, uke(s) etc. in. I tend to put my ukes back in the case, not closing the clasps, between sets or while eating (we have a great kau kau) because there are too many people who don't watch where they walk and frequently knock someone's uke off one of the stands or when someone lays them on their seat. For that purpose, a larger, sturdier one than most people use for ukes would work best.

I like your solution. The stand could be for home and for holding one uke while I play the other, but when people are up and walking around near me, the ukes can be safely in their cases.

I just ordered one of these ukulele TABLES from Bonanza Ukulele. I saw them at the Twin Harbors MN SCIUC a couple of weeks ago and said, "I need that for my classroom.

Not a traditional stand...but something that makes complete sense to me.

http://www.bonanzaukuleles.com/shop.html

First off thanks for the thread about uke stands. I love uke stands and straps and tuners..........any accessory really, makes uking more fun. I have 4 different makes of uke stands so I can give you some perspective on one against the other. I like them all but some are suited to different tasks better than another.

*The black plastic "Hola" is my traveling stand because it folds up so flat and compact. I do not use it at home, not sure how robust it is but does a great temporary job

* The Kala stand is the one I've had the longest and I use it daly. It sits on a chair beside the chair I play and all my ukes have resided in it. It has had major use everyday and it is a solid piece of work, VERY stable and it comes apart as well. My #1 pick for all round use.

* The Copperstand is well made from solid wood folds up compact and is fairly stable. It is expensive and I could take it or leave it.

* The black tubular upright STRUKTURE stand is super stable and adjustable so it will hold anything from a soprano to a baritone. If you had just one floor stand and were not worried about compact portability this is the one I would buy. I am going to get a couple more.

20160830_081642.jpg20160830_081542.jpg20160830_081610.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for a stand too. Anyone use the chromacast stand? Not sure if I like an A frame one as it may put unnecessary pressure on backside of guitar and youre not really supposed to hold a uke/guitar by its body (always handle by neck or if body, one hand on neck..at least for classical guitar)
But if that isn't a real issue w a (soprano) uke, then for 11$ brand new this stand may do.

On any of these cheaper stands I have for c.g. is that I tape the backside metal poles w electrical black tape. Sometimes the initial placement of a guitar one can be not careful and swing the edge of guitar towards back pf stand prior to settling into the stand. Any part of a stand that may have any possible unintended contact w instrument I tape it.

Last edited:
I like the Cooperstand for its portability, and ability to fit in the ukulele case. It is not cheap, but a good quality product.

Please avoid any stands that have PVC or a rubberized bumper guards. If your ukulele has a nitrocellulose lacquer finish, the PVC will "melt" away the finish on the ukulele.

Top Bottom