Ok, ok.. I cried.. ;)

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
My daughter does this to me a lot (make me tear up) ;) I just wanted to share this, even though it's not really "uke" related. Those that know me from years ago on here, my daughter has grown up with my music, and the torch was passed a few years ago. She has played guitar for many years now. She is now 19, and a very accomplished guitarist, and vocalist. She was playing around in her room, and did this for me playing her acoustic. She did pretty good trying to hold back tears herself, but the story is, that my Mother used to sing this to me all through my childhood. My mother was an awesome vocalist herself, and sang a lot. She used to also sing this to my daughter when she was little. We lost my mother about 3 years ago, and my daughter was upstairs remembering her, and sung this on a whim. Hope you enjoy it..

Last edited:
Lovely and obviously heart felt. These are the kinds of memories that stay with us.

Thank you for sharing this.

And I did too :). Very well done!
This was the first song I learned on the uke because it has so much meaning for our family as the generations are passing on.

We need a Like button here!

Great, really, really great.
Yeah we do need like button :)

Awesome Anthony, you daughter has a sweet voice, just lovely. I hope you been well and still playing your ukes
Nice to see you post again bruddah.. happy strummings :)

Thanks fokes. I'm really proud of my daughter. Brother Stan, I don't post much anymore, but still lurk here every day or so. I am doing well. You know I'm a "big dude", but since my health issues a few years ago, have lost over 320 lbs (stopped counting at that), and my health has made leaps and bounds over the past few years. I never recovered full dexterity in my arms and hands since the stroke a few years ago, and I can't play as I used to, but I do still play for my own enjoyment. At the end of the day while relaxing, I pick up the uke, and play the best I can. I had stopped for awhile because I was frustrated not being about to play with the dexterity I used to, but finally mentally got over that, and just happy with what I can do at this point in life. I'm good with it brudda... ;) The daughter is busy with life, and doesn't play as often as she used to (used to be daily, and rarely seen her without her guitar in her hands), but she does slow down at least once or twice a week and sits around and jams out and I really enjoy her talent. ;) She still daily will sit in her room upstairs int he evening and sings. I still enjoy turning the TV off, and listening to her up there. She will still come down with her guitar wanting my advice on something she is working on, and I'll listen and give her some constructive criticism, then back up she goes and works on a music project.. We are blessed...

Last edited:
Great to "see" you here Tony. Been much too long since I've seen a post from you. I hope you're doing well.

That was a very touching tribute to your mother.

And I can't believe she's 19 now. Time sure flies.

Take care and hope to see you posting more like the old days :)

Lovely! You have every reason to be proud of your daughter.

It's great to hear that your health has been improving, and the ukulele can still bring you happiness.

Top Bottom