Who has expensive custom ukes and want peace and security

How many are you going to need Stan? :bowdown::worship::biglaugh:

Could have used one of those for a uke I recently shipped to Canada. Went from Southwest Florida to Tampa, then 3 separate stops in Miami, then to West Palm Beach, to North Carolina, then through Canadian customs in Louisville, Ky, (yes Louisville, there is a Canadian Customs office there!). From Louisville went to northern NY, then across the border to Hamilton, Ont. Then, back across the border to Albany, NY, then back to Hamilton, to Toronto and finally to its' destination, a Toronto suburb. Heart palpitations! Got to love both the the US and Canadian Postal Services.

Last edited:
If somebody makes off with your expensive instrument, it won't tell you where it is. It will tell you the last time your phone connected to it. As their network grows, if it is within close proximity of somebody else using TrackR, it will be "found" but that is extremely unlikely unless these become widely prevalent.

It is a great solution for keys, wallet, etc. if you're prone to misplacing them.

If somebody makes off with your expensive instrument, it won't tell you where it is. It will tell you the last time your phone connected to it. As their network grows, if it is within close proximity of somebody else using TrackR, it will be "found" but that is extremely unlikely unless these become widely prevalent.

It is a great solution for keys, wallet, etc. if you're prone to misplacing them.

This.

I bought some of these devices and I keep one on my key ring. (The idea is that it would help my phone find my keys and for my keys to find my phone.) From any distance, you have to rely on someone else finding the chip near their own phone. Then whoever finds your chip and the thing it's attached to will let you know that he or she has discovered that the chip is nearby. I like this because it assumes the good in humans, that if you tell the network your very valuable whatever has gone missing and someone in the network manages to find it, that person will return your valuable to you instead of just taking the chip out and tossing the chip, or repurposing it. I haven't developed the habit yet of checking my app to see if there's anything someone else has lost near me. It could work if the network is big enough. I find the whole concept interesting as a social psychology experiment.

I must say, knowing where you last had something is useful if you just accidentally left it somewhere. I found my fitness tracker multiple times that way...

I just keep a highly trained attack dog nearby. Notice she isn't even looking at the uke. She is great at licking you to death.

Attachments

• IMG_20140818_165531561.jpg
    IMG_20140818_165531561.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 28
I just keep a highly trained attack dog nearby. Notice she isn't even looking at the uke. She is great at licking you to death.

Ah yes ,but as Snoopy once famously observed , this is the sort of dog that burglars fear the most. They are terrified of tripping over them in the dark !!

The device is a boon for criminals. All they have to do is look for the signals from this sort of device and they know they are tracking something worth stealing. If it emits a signal which is detected by a network, you have no idea who is watching the network looking for this type of device. Advanced criminal gangs could conceivably use it to track every thing worth stealing in a city from their hideout, just by hacking or blackmailing or threatening their way into a network.

In that case, I'll put one in my $500 car.
Seriously though, it could help my find my bottle of memory booster pills.....

The device is a boon for criminals. All they have to do is look for the signals from this sort of device and they know they are tracking something worth stealing. If it emits a signal which is detected by a network, you have no idea who is watching the network looking for this type of device. Advanced criminal gangs could conceivably use it to track every thing worth stealing in a city from their hideout, just by hacking or blackmailing or threatening their way into a network.
I would guess the number one thing tagged are keys. I think you can assume everyone is carrying keys. Remote controls are another popular item to track.
The feature that could help the most with ukes (and keys), is that you can set it to remind you that you left something tagged behind... like your uke. Or, perhaps alert you if someone starts to walk off with it. I just got some to try out. Mostly for keys, and one on my car.
–Lori

Top Bottom