WTB: Used Concert or Tenor Ukulele in great condition for a beginner

sam13

Reaction score
Hello All,

I was visiting a friend's place last night and his 11 year old daughter told me she wants to learn to play Ukulele! What a joyous thought!

So I told them buying a used Uke for the first Ukulele might be a good idea.

Let me know if you have a Concert or Tenor Ukulele you would like to sell. It could be laminate or solid. Good reasons to buy either.

Looking at a Kala, Cordoba or Ohana type of Uke as she is 11 years old and doesn't know if she would love it yet.

Thanks.

A very nice lady is selling a concert fluke with beautiful red strings
Go give her a call

If you sell it to the 11 year old begining girl for $50.00 I am sure Simon would broker the deal for you :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I don't think it is suitable for a beginner. I had thought of you though.

She could order a Dolphin or Shark in her favorite color from UkeRepublic for about $65...

Buy the Caramel concert or tenor uke 38 or 40 dollars, with shipping
I bought them to check out for my students. Great for the price. The only adjustment was to drop down the bridge, but it was very playable out of the box

Fritzer, I agree with you 100%. I have nothing against any of the other entry level ukuleles, but the Caramels are hard to beat. I just adjusted the saddles on our 4 this past week, and we have 3 more on the way. My goal is to eventually replace our 58 Mahalo MK-1s with concert and tenor Caramel ukuleles.

If you order directly from Caramel's website, a Concert is $36 shipped, a Tenor $40. You can also order them (when available) from Amazon or eBay.

If the beginner gets serious, the investment of a much better instrument from Mim, the Uku Republic, or the Ukulele Site is easy to do. But that $36 or $40 instrument is going to be similar in quality to at least $150 Kala, Lanikai, Diamond Head, and Ohana offerings. No...not perfect and there are small issues...but you get into a decent starter ukulele that will hold up for less than the price of a Makala Dolphin.

Stay away from the entry level Mahalos.

Top Bottom