Considering a KOALOHA SOPRANO

Phil Lenihan

Reaction score
I am considering the purchase of a KOALOHA SOPRANO On the internet. It looks great in the pictures, made in February 2016. It has the 5 point crown fret board. What it does not have is a model number. I told him where to look and he said that there is none. I think it should be a KSM-10. Why is there no model number and is this a red flag and a warning to look else where?

Cheers! Phil

Ask him to take a photo of that area of the uke. My KoAloha had a number.
That's a good recommendation. You may also consider emailing a copy of the photo to KoAloha...........They are very helpful and customer friendly.

My sapele KoAloha Opio has a paper label, but no model number on the uke. It is from The Ukulele Site, and they don't list it either.
http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/koaloha/koaloha-opio-soprano-ukulele-package.html

But Uke Republic does - KSO-10
http://cargo.ukerepublic.com/product/koaloha-opio-kso-10-solid-sepele-soprano-ukulele

Of course, having "Opio" on the headstock does limit the possibilities. But, the point is that the model number is not readily apparent. (And, now I want HMS's spruce top KoAloha, which I didn't know about.)

Last edited:
I guess it is not a KSM 10 because that model in solid sepele. The one I am looking at is koa. I did send a note to Koaloha for any information they may have.

Thank you for your kind comments.

Cheers! Phil

Hi Phil,

My Koaloha long neck soprano KSM-02 purchased earlier this year from Mim's doesn't appear to have a model number i.d. inside. It does have the month and year (NOV 2015) stamped on block inside. Of my three ukes this is the one that gets played the most! Good luck with the purchase.

I purchased a KSM-00 used a while back. No model number is visible through the soundhole, but the date of manufacture and the Koaloha logo are etched into the block at the base of the neck. FWIW, this uke was built in 2012.

The koaloha sopranos really are fantastic instruments. Mine gets played almost every day, and I seem to fall more in love with it with each passing month.

Top Bottom