Les Stansell Ukulele

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
I have just spent 3 days on my research Fellowship at Les Stansell's in Pistol River Oregon. If you collect ukulele for their sound and looks you really need to check him out. He supplied MyaMoe wither myrtle and Port Orford cedar stock and they did not get the best of it! Believe me I have crawled around his woodshed and seen some of the most spectacular myrtle and cedar on the planet. Les also has some very rare incense or pencil cedar salvaged from the Biscuit Fire of 2002. Here I are demonstrating this incredible wood on one of Les's speciality Baritone Flamencalele:

Les has scaled down his flamenco guitars, shape and construction to produce these incredible canons. Please check out his website where he has uploaded plenty of eye-candy....

Last edited:
Really appreciate the post Pete! I've owned one of his incense cedar top tenors and currently own a POC myrtle Bari of his, and in many regards is my top quality instrument. The shellac finish is the best I've seen and owned and I agree the tone is pretty exquisite. I have my Bari tuned low B-flat and the thing just rings like no other.

It's also evident he keeps the really good stuff to himself :) he has some myrtle boards that I'm not even sure are from this planet

Top Bottom