Please help me create my first of many ukulele solo arrangements

Philipraposo1982

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I been playing for a bit now and I'm really looking to start creating my own arrangements but I don't know where to start.

I am hoping for some advice here. Any methodology I can follow or an approach I can use to systematically create a instrumentals piece of music?

Please help.

Hi everyone,

I been playing for a bit now and I'm really looking to start creating my own arrangements but I don't know where to start.

I am hoping for some advice here. Any methodology I can follow or an approach I can use to systematically create a instrumentals piece of music?

Please help.

I think you need to define "arrangements" and do you have a particular style or genre in mind?

Will this music be tunes of your own composition or are you arranging pre-existing melodies?

For me, the prime consideration would be "overall range" ... will I be falling off the fret-board looking for notes? Do I need a 15 fret neck and a low G or can I play it on a "normal" re-entrant soprano? If not I'd probably start on a different instrument ... no point in making life difficult!

To clarify: you mean solo instrumental arrangements, no singing, am I right? If so, I can tell you what I do... it's not exactly "systematic" but it works for me. If you can read standard notation, and you know where the notes are on your fretboard, you can easily find piano music and base your arrangement from there. Or you can find a chord chart (any chords will work, guitar, piano, whatever) for the song and then look for the melody in the chords.

It's kind of hard to answer your question since it's unclear what your musical knowledge is, but hopefully this gives you some ideas :)

Top Bottom