6year-old son loves my ukulele and a picture to prove it

hal1001

Reaction score
Well, I bought my first ukulele (arrived 2 days ago).

Wife thought I looked very funny playing it because of its small size (or "toy" as she puts it).

But, my 6 yr old loves it, and we've been playing it (ok, neither of us knows how to play it, we are just plucking it and some strumming).

Anyway, I want to share with you something I found on my home office desk this morning. It's a drawing of the ukulele by my son (the ukulele was put away, so he drew it from memory).

I thought is was cute. I hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• 0903162118.jpg
    0903162118.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 100
Careful, someone might make a real uke out of that. Very cute, and welcome.

What kind of ukulele did you buy? And you know you will end up buying more than one1

The picture is really good for 6 years of age. Perhaps a future graphics designer on your hands.

My four year old and eight year old each strum a ukulele as we sing every night before they go to bed. We're going to start teaching them chords soon (C, Am, F9, A7).

Thanks for sharing such a great story and the drawing from your son. He seems quite articulate and adept for his age, especially for how he drew the tuners...

Maybe you should safe-guard that drawing just in case some day he wants to build ukes and become a luthier, he can use that for his logo, and a cool story to go with it from when he was a young one...:)

Great drawing, (wish I could do that! And he's only 6!!), and wonderful that you and your son are sharing music together.

What kind of ukulele did you buy? And you know you will end up buying more than one1

The picture is really good for 6 years of age. Perhaps a future graphics designer on your hands.

My four year old and eight year old each strum a ukulele as we sing every night before they go to bed. We're going to start teaching them chords soon (C, Am, F9, A7).

I got a basic Kala Soprano ukulele.
We've just learned the C and G7 cords, and we've been singing and playing over the weekend.

Thanks for sharing such a great story and the drawing from your son. He seems quite articulate and adept for his age, especially for how he drew the tuners...

The first thing we did was tuning it against a piano (because the ukulele arrived before the tuner). I tuned one string, and he did the other 3. So that may have had an influence.

Cute! Good reason to buy another.....

Right now we are fighting over it, which keeps the interest up. But, definitely, once he shows continued interest, that'd be a good reason to get his own (or if this one turns out to be his, to get my own).

Right now we are fighting over it, which keeps the interest up. But, definitely, once he shows continued interest, that'd be a good reason to get his own (or if this one turns out to be his, to get my own).

Music is one of the best gifts you can give your children. Great story BTW.

Top Bottom