Not going anywhere - Instrumental on Pono Mahogany Tenor

Thanks Johnson - they are D'addario Pro-Arte clear nylon classical guitar strings.
Using the 4th-1st strings from the set gives me the equivalent to a low-G Concert ukulele set.

(the Tenor set feels too heavy for my liking).

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing this one.

Might I ask you what is the make and model of that uke-tree stand to your left in the video?

I need to get one like that since I am running out of wall space, but a corner could be used to great effect with such a stand.

Thanks Booli, the stand is actually a Hercules guitar tree stand (6 guitars model). The heights can be adjusted to fit ukulele :)

The Pono sounds great as does your playing. Great job on the song.

Thanks Booli, the stand is actually a Hercules guitar tree stand (6 guitars model). The heights can be adjusted to fit ukulele :)

Sure thing...:rock:

Thanks for the info on the stand - I found it online:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/acce...gs526b-guitar-rack-with-6-piece-folding-yokes

and

https://www.amazon.com/Hercules-Stands-GS526B-Guitar-Stand/dp/B003AYNF3W

seems a bit pricey to me...is is made well enough to justify the price?

how stable/strong is it? how likely to tip over if bumped when fully loaded?

Like you, I plan to put larger ukes and a guitar at the lower spots, and smaller ukes at the top, to help keep the center-of-gravity lower to resist tipping...

Hercules stands are pretty much an industry standard when it comes to durability and quality. There are no balance issues and it doesnt matter what size instrument you put on which part, it will never be unbalanced. It has its own centre of gravity.

The legs that support at the base spread out quite widely. It will last a lifetime, I have no complaints :)

Hercules stands are pretty much an industry standard when it comes to durability and quality. There are no balance issues and it doesnt matter what size instrument you put on which part, it will never be unbalanced. It has its own centre of gravity.

The legs that support at the base spread out quite widely. It will last a lifetime, I have no complaints :)

ok great! Thanks for the info. :)

I added it to my Amazon wishlist so it's there when I'm ready to buy one, or two LOL

I too was having the dilemma of having insufficient space in my room. It gets annoying having them lean against the wall, also making them prone to falling over and getting dings.

I've been extremely happy with my Hercules rack. It made life much easier!

Hi Kissing,

After Booli mentioned the stand I took a look. I'm wondering if it matters about the weight of the instruments. I have a Classical Guitar, two Jazz Hollowbodies, and a tenor ukulele. My Jazz hollowbodies are the heaviest of my guitars.

Do you think the stand would still be stable with the different weighted guitars and a ukulele?

I've been using K & M Heli stands. I'm not crazy about the guitars sitting on floor level, especially having two dogs. They know not to touch them but still it's a worry. My worry would be about the stand tipping over. If you were to bump the stand would it tip, if there were different weighted instruments?

Hi, the Hercules stand is stable regardless of distribution of weight. The instrument leans towards the centre of the stand, and I have had a mixture of guitars and ukes on it.

Lol the awkward moment when people are more interested in my furniture, rather than my music xD .

Thanks for the info on the stand. I was debating whether to get a new stand or an El Dorado guitar strap. I'm leaning towards the stand now. Having 3 guitar cases, a uke, and three stands in the room causes a lot of clutter.

If it is any consolation, I noticed your playing first. It was only after Booli mentioned the stand that I went back and looked at the video.

Great job! Thanks for sharing this with us. Do you have more?

Top Bottom