"Ukuleles from Outer Space"

Larry U

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I came across this clip today and thought it was pretty interesting. Has anyone had a chance to handle and play one of these electric ukes? Handmade in Italy by Antica Ukuleleria but I haven't seen any information about cost and availablilty. There's a few sample clips available on Youtube.

He was selling these in the UK in the Spring.

They're good fun. :)
Tricity Vogue has one.

I always thought My Dog Has Fleas sounded a bit like the start of the intro to classic Trek...

Not sure, but I'm certainly not volunteering to find out! :stop:

:rofl:

Last edited:
Heavy phase and tremolo built in. Can it be toggled off?

I came across this clip today and thought it was pretty interesting. Has anyone had a chance to handle and play one of these electric ukes? Handmade in Italy by Antica Ukuleleria but I haven't seen any information about cost and availablilty. There's a few sample clips available on Youtube.

You don't have to look very far, just scroll down the page for prices. Spoiler: They are not cheap.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting this. I am always interested in seeing new design ideas for the uke.
–Lori

None of my ukes are from outer space - one comes from right here in the Okanogan, another from Hawaii, but they do sound like then when I'm playing in the band.

They are not cheap.
The standard tenor is €288 = $321USD and then shipping. Not expensive compared to other quality electrics like Risa, Pono, Godin, Imua. But what's the quality? "handcrafted plastic" just doesn't carry the same élan as "solid cedar or koa top". Definitely not an impulse buy though. If it is "just" a novelty, then I agree it is quite expensive.

Wow, funny !
Unluckly there are just few youtube video about it (and zero reviews) and the website doesn't give enough info.
While I like "novelty" and even if I'd like to support italian uke builders I don't think I'll buy it.
Maybe someday I will try it in an italian uke festival... I am sure Marco Todeschini (the builder) will be there.

Looks Vulcan to me. Not from Earth....

Top Bottom