All Day Music (War)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

Just two chords, Dmaj7 and Em7, if you leave out the organ section of the original song. In its place, I took a section of "Stoned Soul Picnic" to see how it would sound in a kind of mash up. Hope you like my rendition.

Holy moly! Those harmonies.
Another outstanding performance.
I love the high voice at the ending too, you nailed it.
Thank you very much.

BTW, what uke is it this time? I haven't seen that one before. Is it a custom smiley face? I can see the headstock but I am not familiar with the design.

Thanks, Johnson! Ha ha, I had to record that last high part several times! That part was tougher than I thought!

The Smiley uke is a custom built by Don Williams, a Rhode Island luthier. It's a real beauty. The body is beautiful Tasmanian acacia and the uke has a side soundport. The eyes are the sound holes, and they look black because the inside of the uke is painted totally black.

The Smiley uke is a custom built by Don Williams, a Rhode Island luthier. It's a real beauty. The body is beautiful Tasmanian acacia and the uke has a side soundport. The eyes are the sound holes, and they look black because the inside of the uke is painted totally black.

I love it. I could only see the eye holes for a moment in the video and the black made it look like they were part of the soundboard. Clever.
Do you have any close-up photos of this uke?

Thanks, Keod! I wonder if anyone has tried to do an ukulele rendition of "Stoned Soul Picnic?" Great song by Laura Nyro!

Wanted to upload some photos of the Smiley uke for J. B. Johnson:

P1030109.jpgP1070456.jpgP1070458.jpgP1070457.jpgSmiley uke.jpg

Great job! Great vocals. Great backup band. I was wondering how you were going to pull off this song as a soloist, but then you brought in your other band members.;)

Thanks, Keod! I wonder if anyone has tried to do an ukulele rendition of "Stoned Soul Picnic?" Great song by Laura Nyro!

Haven't seen one........but a few sites have the chords. Love the song - memories of my youth LOL.

Thanks, lfoo6952! Thanks again, keod! I gotta add that to my to-do list! :)

Top Bottom