T-Shirt Fundraiser: Order now through 9/21/2016

UkeStuff

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

I thought I would start another thread so that this information would be on the top of the thread. I am a middle school teacher who is integrating ukulele into choir, and also learned about Ukulele Kids Club this past summer. About a month ago, I saw a ukulele typogram which would make a great t-shirt, and the graphic artist allows people to use his design for $2 per shirt. A few years ago, I did a similar order for a forum (Axim Site), but did not use it as a fundraiser (I only charged the price of the shirt, which is what I am used to doing as a music teacher)

The idea: provide a unique t-shirt printed by a local company that I have used as a teacher for 20 years, and to let the price of the t-shirt include a donation to my choir program and the Ukulele Kids Club ($5 each).

So...for $25 you can order a one-color (white print) t-shirt of the typogram (black, grey, forest green, maroon, purple) in any size (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL..check with me beyond XXXL). The $25 includes the artist's fee ($2) donations ($10), shipping in the US via Priority Mail ($6.45), cost of the t-shirt (varies), and paypal fees. I will post updates from time to time.

We will take orders through 9/23/2016, and I would hope to ship orders by 10/21/2016 (the local company is a bit slow but makes great prints and gives us great pricing). We will order exactly what is ordered and not keep any extra stock on hand. A reminder: if you order today, it will be about two months until you receive your item as we will print exactly what is ordered after the due date.

ORDER INFORMATION DELETED

If you are outside of the continental US and want to order a t-shirt, please contact me, as I would have to calculate shipping with a package and t-shirt at the local post office.

When everything is paid for, I will attach copies of payments to the artist and Ukulele Kids Club--it is good to know that people follow through with what they say they are going to do.

Also...if you are a member of a ukulele club, please let your members know about the fundraiser. Feel free to copy and paste this in an e-mail. If we print 100 shirts, that is a $500 donation to Ukulele Kids Club and a $500 donation to my school program. I would love to have the problem of finding the time to ship everything!

This is NOT connected with Ukulele Underground in any way...this is just a teacher trying to find ways to help his program and to make a small difference in the world.

Again, I will update the thread with occasional reminders (weekly).

Please contact me if you have any questions...

Attachments

• sUWam.jpg
    sUWam.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Booli was kind enough to remind me that UU attaches images in a very small size. So, thanks to his help, here are larger images. One is a direct link to the image on Aaron (the designer's website), the other is a link to the print on the five shirt color choices.

Last edited:
Likely belongs in the Shameless Self Promotion Forum

Tip to pass on to the designer. Great opportunity to print this upside down , and by putting all the notes onto the neck instead of "Fr 1 et" etc you are wearing a handy and comfortable fretboard chart......Just a thought.

G C N/ut E A
A D 1 F B
b b b
A D 2 F B
# etc.:D

Due to the unique way that UU presents it's text I can't make that show how I want it to lol.

Likely belongs in the Shameless Self Promotion Forum

Maybe. But the end goal here is for donations (Ukulele Kids Club & a school music program--although the program is mine) rather than trying to fill my own pockets or spread my own name.

Perhaps there should be a separate thread for compassionate acts of promotion/charitable opportunities?

Last edited:
Tip to pass on to the designer. Great opportunity to print this upside down , and by putting all the notes onto the neck instead of "Fr 1 et" etc you are wearing a handy and comfortable fretboard chart......Just a thought.

G C N/ut E A
A D 1 F B
b b b
A D 2 F B
# etc.:D

Due to the unique way that UU presents it's text I can't make that show how I want it to lol.

I don't know the designer directly...just following his stipulations of how to use his logo on a shirt that hopefully will help people.

How can I resist a purple tee shirt with a cute design?

I'm in for one!

Just a bump...about 1 week to orders being made. We need to get at least 12 orders to make the shirts. I will bump a couple more times to the 21st.

Penultimate bump! So far, we have one order from UU along with the 3 shirts I am going to buy (1 for my wife). We need a minimum of 12 to place the order. If we don't reach the minimum, I will return payment on Saturday.

I had thought this was a good idea, at a price point that seemed fair compared to other ukulele t-shirts, for a good cause. It could be that people don't know me very well (check out my ukulele blog at ukestuff.info if you want to know more about our program) or that I just am not a judge of what people are looking for in a shirt.

Anyway...if you are interested there are still 3 days to order!

Chris

Hey everyone...

We had one order, other than my own, of the shirts--so we cannot go through with it. Money has been returned to the person who paid. Ironically, I heard back from the artist today who hadn't checked his e-mail and he gave us our blessing to make the shirts as I thought (the idea was, indeed, under his specified guidelines.

Perhaps a $25 t-shirt was too much (although I know that I have seen lesser quality t-shirts for more). Maybe folks don't like the image as much as I do. Maybe people didn't trust that they would ever see the t-shirt. Maybe I am too "new" here and I haven't built trust.

One way or another...this attempt failed and I will not try again. I will continue to be an active member here on UU...and thanks to everyone that considered the effort.

P.S. Moderators, feel free to close this thread.

Last edited:
Reasons it didn't appeal to me,

1) Too expensive to start with, then there would have been extra shipping costs, likely to add up to a $50 T-shirt!
2) Hated having someone's name incorporated in the design.
3) Didn't like the vertical design much, prefer an angled design, (as if playing it).

But that's just my thoughts. ;)

Reasons it didn't appeal to me,

1) Too expensive to start with, then there would have been extra shipping costs, likely to add up to a $50 T-shirt!
2) Hated having someone's name incorporated in the design.
3) Didn't like the vertical design much, prefer an angled design, (as if playing it).

But that's just my thoughts. ;)

Thanks for those thoughts. Under the constraints, there is nothing I could do about those items and still meet the goal of raising funds and honoring the artist's use guidelines. We could have sold it at $15 (shipped US) and made nothing for Ukulele Kids Club or my school program, or taken my school out of it. Shipping to the world is still expensive. As for the artist's name, maybe it is too prominent--but if you use his design, you follow his guidelines and orientation.

Again, thank you for the feedback and at least considering it for a second.

Top Bottom