WTB: quality tenor at a good price

Al Davison

Reaction score
My first post.
I have always found that a high quality instrument well-bought never costs anything at all.

I have been playing a pretty cheap concert for almost 2 years now (after spending 25 years as a poor guitar player) and find that I really prefer the uke. I've owned a lot of very nice guitars in my day and I know that my current uke doesn't play or sound the way I want so, I'm ready to take the next step.

I'd prefer to invest around $500 or less for the right instrument and I know from reading the boards that many, many of you have more ukes than you can possibly play. ;) I would consider going higher on the investment for the right deal. It has to be an instrument at a price that I could legitimately expect to get my money back from if I sold it at the same price I bought it (when I'm ready for my next upgrade).

So, I am entertaining offerings...preferably from the CONUS. (I'm in Athens, GA).

Anyone?

My only advice is to not look at any uke as an investment. Unless you buy one that has hit the lowest amount it's worth, then you're going to be losing money.

That said, K brands keep their value better than Kalas and Ohanas etc, but not sure you'll find one, but sometimes deals do pop up.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the input!

thanks!
I'm negotiating a purchase from one of our members here. A very nice "K brand".

I would still entertain other deals but, not for much longer as I think we're pretty close to making this happen.

Al

My only advice is to not look at any uke as an investment. Unless you buy one that has hit the lowest amount it's worth, then you're going to be losing money.

That said, K brands keep their value better than Kalas and Ohanas etc, but not sure you'll find one, but sometimes deals do pop up.

Best of luck!

got it!

Went a bit over-budget but, it's not money spent - it's money invested. ;)

Al

thanks!
I'm negotiating a purchase from one of our members here. A very nice "K brand".

I would still entertain other deals but, not for much longer as I think we're pretty close to making this happen.

Al

It has to be an instrument at a price that I could legitimately expect to get my money back from if I sold it at the same price I bought it (when I'm ready for my next upgrade).

Ha! That's how it all starts.

Top Bottom